Author Topic: Will Butters keep his word and train with Vikings?  (Read 10560 times)

Offline Letsjam1979

• Lurker
  • Sun’s up coffee time, moon’s out rambling thoughts
    • View Profile
Will Butters keep his word and train with Vikings?
« on: September 29, 2017, 08:52:45 PM »
Remember back when Harry was mostly dead and he accompanied Butters to the new headquarters for the guys battling the Formor army located at the castle where his old home burned down? Right after the sparring session between Karryn one Viking/Norse dude, the Vike asked Butters when would he step up to start training too. Butters reply was he would train with them when he owned a lightsaber. Well, he has one now. Will we get to see Butters do or do not with the mythic Norse warriors?
Also, Jim, I know you're only a mortal man but please write a couple books in the series and release a year apart. You can do it. The series got me hooked from the very first paragraph. I know it's a lot to ask of you, yet the suspense is getting unbearable.
“Human beings do not like being pushed about by gods. They may seem to, on the surface, but somewhere on the inside, underneath it all, they sense it, and they resent it.”
― Neil Gaiman, Anansi Boys

Offline DonBugen

• Conversationalist
  • All hours are midnight now.
    • View Profile
Re: Will Butters keep his word and train with Vikings?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 03:53:35 PM »
I dunno; training with a light saber kind of gets head-choppy if the other person doesn't have one as well.

Also, Jim, I know you're only a mortal man but please write a couple books in the series and release a year apart. You can do it. The series got me hooked from the very first paragraph. I know it's a lot to ask of you, yet the suspense is getting unbearable.
Great, now Jim gets to kill off another Stark.

Offline Romulan Cmdr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 05:07:53 PM »
I dunno; training with a light saber kind of gets head-choppy if the other person doesn't have one as well.
Great, now Jim gets to kill off another Stark.
No... Jim is far better person than George.
He prefers to torture the readers instead.
now that the touring season is done, he ll be able to finish off the brief cases bit and hit into Peace Talks. When I chatted with him at DragonCon toward the end of a signing, he mentioned he had made some good progress on it. 

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 11:00:57 PM »
Good to hear! Any details or did you pinkie-swear not to tell?
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Sleight

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 09:18:56 AM »
Butters reply was he would train with them when he owned a lightsaber. Well, he has one now.

Oh great, go ahead and spoil it for me. Sure I've already read it four times...but I have no doubt that it would've shocked me the fifth time just as much.

Offline Romulan Cmdr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 02:05:32 PM »
Good to hear! Any details or did you pinkie-swear not to tell?
No details on Peace Talk particulars. But if all goes well *looks around for wood to knock on* it should be with the editors by January-ish. 

Also he like the 3D printed glow in the dark pendant with jewel that I gave him.     

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 04:56:24 PM »
When I need to knock on wood; I often use my head.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Romulan Cmdr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 05:21:26 PM »
When I need to knock on wood; I often use my head.
My head is too hard. :p

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 05:56:25 PM »
I totally see Butters training.  Though it'll probably be more with Michael and Charity, but I wholeheartedly expect to see him in the ring with the Vikings.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 09:25:37 PM »
How can he not train with Vikings? I'm sure he will receive a lot of basic training from Michael and Charity, but when going up against Denarians you need to be prepared as possible. Nothing says prepared like sparring with einherjar. Side note: I really hope Charity makes him some armor and he goes full Jedi with a brown cloak over it.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 03:34:28 PM »
How can he not train with Vikings? I'm sure he will receive a lot of basic training from Michael and Charity, but when going up against Denarians you need to be prepared as possible. Nothing says prepared like sparring with einherjar. Side note: I really hope Charity makes him some armor and he goes full Jedi with a brown cloak over it.

With a brown cloak AND a utility belt with gadgets and the like, all Bob powered.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 03:39:39 PM »
With a brown cloak AND a utility belt with gadgets and the like, all Bob powered.
I would love to see Butters fight a Denarian who is expecting a typical KotC fight. Butters starts using all these gadgets and the Denarian is just utterly confused and surprised.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 02:59:52 PM »
I would love to see Butters fight a Denarian who is expecting a typical KotC fight. Butters starts using all these gadgets and the Denarian is just utterly confused and surprised.

And destroyed

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 03:04:33 PM »
Mind fog grenade to the face followed by a lightsaber decapitation would be a very effective combination.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 09:57:26 PM »
I worry that Butters will have a short life as a knight. While he is smart, brave, and resourceful; I don't know if he has the hardness to handle the job.
Make Mine Butcher!