Author Topic: Word of Jim -Codex Alera  (Read 7313 times)

Offline Romulan Cmdr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Word of Jim -Codex Alera
« on: September 29, 2017, 03:53:58 PM »
At the Salt Lake City Comic Con vid that Priscilla posted,  Jim's fiance (Kitty) asked the following:
"If Tavi and Kitai had a 2nd child, and its a daughter, would she be called, Kavi?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js2pG5ell5s 29:10
There was a few comments  by Jim and Kitty that Kavi is their assistant in Denver that has silver hair, green eyes. After a second Jim said: "Yes, so be it;canon!"

Offline jamescagney22

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Word of Jim -Codex Alera
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 08:19:17 PM »
That was the best part of the entire panel.

Offline Romulan Cmdr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 11:15:46 PM »
That was the best part of the entire panel.
Heh. I found it funny how Kitty hopped into the line. X)
I do wish there was a way to have the top 10 most frequently asked questions on a billboard or poster with their answers at Jim's panels -so that people can ask fresh questions

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 11:30:54 PM »
Heh. I found it funny how Kitty hopped into the line. X)
I do wish there was a way to have the top 10 most frequently asked questions on a billboard or poster with their answers at Jim's panels -so that people can ask fresh questions

Oh My God I know right? I swear that I've seen a dozen different interviews where someone asks about, for example, The Jade Court. He's already said they're busy being not involved people! Ask something fracking new!

Seriously, I'm almost starting to wonder Roc Books is sending plants to the Q&A session, that's how many times some of these same questions have been asked.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 11:34:37 PM by forumghost »

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 11:58:34 PM »
Really, it always strikes me as strange that people who are interested enough to go to these things haven't already watched youtube videos of at least some of the prior events. I'd swear at least a quarter of most Q&A's content is repeated at just about every one, and usually another 50% or so has been said at least a few times already.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 01:23:04 PM »
Oh My God I know right? I swear that I've seen a dozen different interviews where someone asks about, for example, The Jade Court. He's already said they're busy being not involved people! Ask something fracking new!

Seriously, I'm almost starting to wonder Roc Books is sending plants to the Q&A session, that's how many times some of these same questions have been asked.

My favorite is when they ask the questions everyone asks every writer ever: "Where do you get your ideas?" "How far in advance did you plan this?"

Which, you know, I get; process is interesting. But Mr. Butcher has gone on record about all that stuff so many times it's ridiculous. At least his answers are consistent!

Offline XanxusNagi

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 08:20:53 AM »
Can you describe what your mesh has that causes this problem?

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 04:51:43 PM »
"Um ... Mr. ... Um ... Jim ... Can you tell me ... um ... hee-hee.... can  you tell us ... who fixed little Chicago?"
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 11:40:31 AM »
<singsong> I'm not gonna tell you </singsong>
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline khadgar4606

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 02:27:46 PM »
I will hazard a guess and say Chicago alliance since we dont know how many members is there or is there 3 d model expert in alliance which kinda solves some aspects for maintaining the replica and updating when needed but mister pulling that would be awesome

Offline Romulan Cmdr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 05:20:59 PM »
The only one that I found cool when it was -re asked was the question about getting cursed by witch doctor since ive only heard about it in one other panel and so it s a cool story for a crowd.

Heh. I was the one in the Monster Hunter Files panel who asked if they could choose 1 character from their own universe to team up with 1 character from any of the panalists universes -who would it be?  (hero or villain).  The collective 'hmmmns' and evil laughs were so much fun.  especially the part about Jim saying the Denarians would go attack Cazador (MHI). 

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 07:01:41 PM »
"Will you be writing any more in Alera?"
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 07:13:36 PM »
"Will you be writing any more in Alera?"

"Maybe one day if I need to pay off my gambling debts" was the answer to that one I believe.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 07:15:35 PM »
"Maybe one day if I need to pay off my gambling debts" was the answer to that one I believe.

There have been several.  That being one of them.  Another is that if he did, it wouldn't be earlier that at least 100 years in the future.

I'm kind of seeing the Cinder Spires as possibly being Alera a 1000 years in the future or some such.  With the climate changes that Tavi kicks off, it's entirely possible.

Offline Romulan Cmdr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 05:24:12 PM »
There have been several.  That being one of them.  Another is that if he did, it wouldn't be earlier that at least 100 years in the future.

I'm kind of seeing the Cinder Spires as possibly being Alera a 1000 years in the future or some such.  With the climate changes that Tavi kicks off, it's entirely possible.
He did say maybe, something set earlier in the world perhaps because most of the current stuff is the 'boring' things that gotta be done.