51-55
0 (0%)
56-60
0 (0%)
61+
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: October 03, 2017, 09:46:05 PM

Author Topic: Marcone's Age @ SF  (Read 8448 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Marcone's Age @ SF
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 01:58:25 AM »
My theoretical timeline for Marcone, with ages for him, Helen, and Amanda.

2014 SG - (JM-59)(HB-57)(AB-34)
2003 DM - (JM-48)(HB-46)(AB-23)
2000 SF - (JM-45)(HB-43)(AB-20)
1990 - (JM-35)(HB-33)(AB-10) Amanda is shot. 
1984 - (JM-29) End of third tour; returns to Chicago
1983 - (JM-28) Marine helo-pilot for Grenada Invasion (Operation Urgent Fury)
1980 - (JM-25)(HB-23)(AB-00) End of second tour
1980 - (JM-25) Marine helo-pilot for failed Tehran rescue (Operation Eagle Claw)
1976 - (JM-21) End of first tour
1975 - (JM-20) Marine helo-pilot for Saigon Evac (Operation Frequent Wind)
1975 - (JM-45) Marine helo-pilot for Cambodia Evac (Operation Eagle Pull)
1973 - (JM-18) Joins Marines, Helicopter pilot/crew; stationed in Saigon as post-war support.
1955 - (JM-00)

Notes:
 - During his time in Saigon, Marcone develops a strong dislike of heroin and other drugs that other soldiers use to cope with deployment, seeing friends lose themselves to them. 
 - At the same time, he develops empathy towards orphans and other children facing hardships after the war. 
 - He witnesses corruption within the military, learning how to manipulate officials and officers with prostitution, blackmail, and bribery.
 - After Saigon, he remains in the service, making contacts and running his own little organization where he's stationed.
 - He remains I'm the military after Saigon and Tehran, feeling a sense of failure.  He remains enlisted until the successful Grenada mission gives him a sense of accomplishment.
 - After three tours, he heads to Chicago, where he hopes to use what he learned to make a name for himself.  He lasts about 6 years before he becomes a threat to the families.

Offline Aminar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 02:40:46 AM »
I voted 41 to 45, but the range I see as plausible in Storm Front is 40 to 43 or so. He looks middle aged, and like he's been there for a bit. Which implies 40 minimum. He's not a little older than Dresden, he's a lot. 

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 09:14:07 AM »
Damn Griffyn, your level of detail fixation is disturbing, impressive, but disturbing. I can see this as being a very accurate timeline of Marcone. Though, and I could be mistaken, I think Amanda was shot in mid-90s.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2017, 11:13:36 AM »
Damn Griffyn, your level of detail fixation is disturbing, impressive, but disturbing. I can see this as being a very accurate timeline of Marcone. Though, and I could be mistaken, I think Amanda was shot in mid-90s.
Harry saw her in '03 having aged approximately 7-13 years.  To get Marcone as young as possible, I went with the older end, which would put it in '90.

I think the participation in Tehran is a bit of a stretch, but since they used Marine choppers and pilots, it's hard to resist putting him there.  It'd also feed into a no-man-left-behind attitude.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2017, 11:52:41 AM »
I did a quick check on the shooting and Murphy says in SF Chapter 15 that Amanda was shot 3 years prior. So, that would put it in a 95 to 97 timeframe.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2017, 11:55:03 AM »
A few years of guilt, worry, and obsession could make a dark-haired man into salt and pepper.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2017, 01:06:23 PM »
I did a quick check on the shooting and Murphy says in SF Chapter 15 that Amanda was shot 3 years prior. So, that would put it in a 95 to 97 timeframe.

That would mean that in three years, Marcone went from thug/lieutenant/muscle/hitter/whateverhewas to running organized crime in Chicago. That's... positively meteoric.

Though I'd assume that Harry taking down Bianca in Grave Peril was what gave him a stranglehold.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2017, 01:15:21 PM »
That would mean that in three years, Marcone went from thug/lieutenant/muscle/hitter/whateverhewas to running organized crime in Chicago. That's... positively meteoric.

Though I'd assume that Harry taking down Bianca in Grave Peril was what gave him a stranglehold.
Mmm yes, Harry has done much  to cement a small time 'barony' into a legit lordship.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Aminar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2017, 02:31:56 PM »
Mmm yes, Harry has done much  to cement a small time 'barony' into a legit lordship.
Not that much. Marcone seemed pretty established in Storm Front. Definitly not, on top for less than three years established.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2017, 02:36:21 PM »
Not that much. Marcone seemed pretty established in Storm Front. Definitly not, on top for less than three years established.
Yes that much, He was established as Baron Johnny Marcone in SF, Now He's a freestanding lord with rights of his own, who Harry helped secure not just once, but twice because of Mab's request.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2017, 03:06:09 PM »
Great Find Wardenferry419 and rhetoric; It has now been established Shootout occurred 3 years BSF
Murphy's jaw tensed, little motions at the corners of her face. Then she said, "Greg and Helen Beckitt. Three years ago, their daughter, Amanda, was killed in a cross fire.

Johnny Marcone's thugs were shooting it out with some of the Jamaican gang that was trying to muscle in on the territory back then. One of them shot the little girl. She lived for three weeks in intensive care and died when they took her off life support."
I didn't say anything. But I thought of Mrs. Beckitt's numb face and dead eyes.
"The Beckitts attempted to lodge a wrongful death suit against Johnny Marcone, but Marcone's lawyers were too good. They got it thrown out before it even went to court. And they never found the man who shot the little girl. Word has it that Marcone offered to pay them blood money. Make reparation. But they turned him down."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 10:06:14 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Rhetoric

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2017, 03:21:12 PM »
... Yeah, great job.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2017, 03:36:56 PM »
Ok, let's review...
He had this appearance in a soulgaze between Harry and Demeter looking back  years prior to WK,  years prior to SF according to Priscilla's timeline.  (3 years BSF)
I looked over my shoulder to see a very, very young-looking Marcone.
He wasn't wearing a business suit. He had on jeans and a black leather jacket. His hair was longish, a little mussed, and he also sported a stubble of beard that gave him the kind of rakish look that would attract attention from the girls who fantasized about indulging with a bad boy.
His eyes were still green—but they were the green of a summer hunter's blind, bright and intelligent and predatory, but touched with more… something. Humor, maybe. More life.
And he was skinnier. Not a lot skinnier or anything, but it surprised me how much younger it and the other minor changes made him look. [Age:?] [BSF]
In 3 years time come Storm Front, Marcone looks like this in his interaction with Harry...
Gentleman Johnny Marcone didn't look like the sort of man who would have my legs broken or my jaw wired shut. His salt-and-pepper hair was cut short, and there were lines from sun and smiling etched into the corners of his eyes. His eyes were the green of well-worn dollar bills. He seemed more like a college football coach: good-looking, tanned, athletic, and enthusiastic. The impression was reinforced by the men he kept with him.

So, Amanda Beckitt's apparent age in soulgaze at time of shooting is 10 to 11.  Her age in Death Masks when Harry follows Marcone to a nursing home is described as late teens, early twenties.  DM occurs ~6 years after her shooting, maybe a little more than that if Jim isn't so hard on keeping to a strict timeline.  I'd have Amanda's birth at around 13 or 14 BSF if Harry's perception of Amanda via soulgaze is correct.  So she would be (16-17) or late teens not early twenties come Harry seeing her in DM.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 04:01:18 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2017, 08:42:44 PM »
Ok, let's review...
He had this appearance in a soulgaze between Harry and Demeter looking back  years prior to WK,  years prior to SF according to Priscilla's timeline.  (3 years BSF)In 3 years time come Storm Front, Marcone looks like this in his interaction with Harry...
So, Amanda Beckitt's apparent age in soulgaze at time of shooting is 10 to 11.  Her age in Death Masks when Harry follows Marcone to a nursing home is described as late teens, early twenties.  DM occurs ~6 years after her shooting, maybe a little more than that if Jim isn't so hard on keeping to a strict timeline.  I'd have Amanda's birth at around 13 or 14 BSF if Harry's perception of Amanda via soulgaze is correct.  So she would be (16-17) or late teens not early twenties come Harry seeing her in DM.

Yeah, that kind of wear and tear screams late thirties early forties, or a man in his late prime.  Depending on genes and lifestyle many men can look like that well into their early sixties as of Skin Game.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2017, 09:12:20 PM »
That doesn't make much sense.  Harry saw Marcone in the memory, and commented on how very, very young he looked.  Which would only be 3 years younger than he was in SF.  Which is when he looked like he was in his forties.  Even if he was 40 in SF, and 37 during the shooting, and he had a lot of stress that aged him, he still wouldn't look very, very young to Harry.