Author Topic: even hand thereory a reposting from 2013  (Read 5330 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: even hand thereory a reposting from 2013
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 04:07:59 PM »
Wait, what did you think it meant in Blood Rites when it's stated that Raith bent his daughters' will to his through his Hunger, and how Lara overpowered her father through her Hunger? And how Thomas was safe from influence because his father's tastes aren't inclined that way?  Thought this was very clearly implied.

I think that Justine's being sent is a tip-off to a potential weakness to the Fomor. In Even Hand, Thomas is and has been playing nice, so using her as potentially expendable emissary just doesn't make sense. The only thing that makes Justice more special than an average vanilla mortal is the protection of Love. Obviously, it's a defense from the White Court, and can also be used as a weapon (as we saw at Zero in Turn Coat). But I wonder if it has uses against other groups. Even more, I wonder if there's more to Love than meets the eye - possibly, up to it being an aspect of TWG.
Or the Wamps have a resource associated with the Fomor that was passing along info, and Justine was high enough in the Wamp hierarchy to make an exchange.  Only, when she visited the facility, she saw a child that had been taken, and she acted on impulse to save the child, thus putting the Fomor on her heels. 

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 05:55:21 PM »
I haven't read the story in quite awhile. 

Does it mention how the Child was acting during the story?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline pcpoet

• Conversationalist
  • life is a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 07:19:01 PM »
not to much about how the child was emotionaly. most of what was said was obversations by John marcone. and  most of that was a phyisical discription.

now that I think about it when you compare that child to maggie who was probably traumitized in a lot of the same ways the child comes across as being disconected to the action going on around her.
I am who I am that's all that I am from my head to my toe that's all that I am.

Offline Rhetoric

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 03:37:05 AM »
Descriptions of the child show her generally distressed and frightened, clinging tightly to Justine and occasionally whimpering. Marcone later sees her crying. By the end, she falls asleep. There's nothing I would consider particularly noteworthy.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 04:16:43 AM »
Honestly I only half-remember it, but wasn't it that Justine stole the Kid when she made her escape in order to manipulate protection out of Marcone and his 'no kids' rule?

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 08:56:11 AM »
The kid was definitely Justine's way in to get Marcone's help.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 02:24:59 PM »
Given that there tends to be plans within plans, I could see either the information or the child being the ultimate goal with either being the front for the other.  Also, Lara Raith is a member of the venatori which ultimately works for the Archive, so she may have received a directive to rescue the child and then made a plan to do just that. 

The Fomor definitely believed the child significant in some way to have captured her. They then sent a high ranking official to retrieve both the plans and the child with us uncertain as to which was more of a priority for them.  (It has been awhile since I've read it, perhaps they did state their apparent priority.)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 02:27:59 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html