Author Topic: Romulan Commander - or the like  (Read 2574 times)

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
Romulan Commander - or the like
« on: September 15, 2017, 05:16:59 PM »
Okay, this is just for fun, but ....

Toward the end of Ghost Story, there was a battle that was staged on the Bridge of the Starship Enterprise.  The Corpstaker was attacking the various quadrants of Molly's mind.

So, if it's Molly's mind, why was it a "cityscape" being attacked and not a planet or something?  And why was it (now remember we're in her mind) not the Romulans, or the Klingons attacking, instead of only being CorpseTaker?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Romulan Commander - or the like
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 05:19:10 PM »
Okay, this is just for fun, but ....

Toward the end of Ghost Story, there was a battle that was staged on the Bridge of the Starship Enterprise.  The Corpstaker was attacking the various quadrants of Molly's mind.

So, if it's Molly's mind, why was it a "cityscape" being attacked and not a planet or something?  And why was it (now remember we're in her mind) not the Romulans, or the Klingons attacking, instead of only being CorpseTaker?

I think Borg would've been thematically appropriate, considering Corpsetaker's abilities :)

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 05:25:06 PM »
I think Borg would've been thematically appropriate, considering Corpsetaker's abilities :)

Oh, good call.  Except they didn't know about the Borg when the original series set was used.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 07:15:38 PM »
Well if Molly is a trekkie, and watched Voyager, I think the Vidiian's would have been the best choice.  They steal people's organs, skin, everything to keep themselves alive.  In this picture you see one of the Vidiian's actually wearing someone else's face.

Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline isoycrazy

• Conversationalist
  • Seeking Harry's Insanity to help make me Sane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 02:41:37 AM »
Some theorize Janeway was slowly losing her mind as the series went on.  That would fit with Molly too.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 05:11:29 PM »
Some theorize Janeway was slowly losing her mind as the series went on.  That would fit with Molly too.

lol.  You mean kind of like the people who think Harry Potter really imagined the magical world to escape the reality of his abusive family?

Is there a youtube video that makes the theory?  I'd like a link to watch it.  They are pretty fun, even if they come to the wrong conclusion.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 10:50:24 PM »
lol.  You mean kind of like the people who think Harry Potter really imagined the magical world to escape the reality of his abusive family?

That is an awesome theory.  I love it.