Author Topic: Uriel's Second "Small Favor"  (Read 8744 times)

Offline Froklsnt

• Participant
  • Mister, where I come from, there is no try.
    • View Profile
Re: Uriel's Second "Small Favor"
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2017, 06:53:45 PM »
Uriel repeatedly points out that Harry sees things "from a different perspective" and have even called it "limited".  Perhaps that reasoning applies to the readers too.  As was pointed out above, the gift of soulfire has the direct, immediate effect of saving Harry's life. It seems likely that Uriel has a form of omniscience similar to what we've seen out of the Mothers, able to see many possible futures, contingent on the decisions of free-willed mortals. Saving Harry pays tons of dividends down the road, which is the true "weight" to use to measure the "balance".

With Harry's life along with the gift of soulfire, and all he will go on to do with both, the scales do appear close to balanced, even if you include both circles on the other side. You just need to see things more from the perspective of an angel.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
Re: Uriel's Second "Small Favor"
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2017, 06:05:46 PM »
Okay, here is where I'm going to weigh in on the matter.

I think Harry's being granted access to soulfire IS a balancing of Lucifers 2 actions.

Here's why.

Uriel is a LONG CON player.  He knows that the first time Lucy allows access to his power is not going to be the only time.

Further, he knows that Harry is now involved.

So, Mr. Sunshine makes an investment in Harry, both now and in Harry's future.

You have to think in balances. 

Lucy dumped a 2 1 TON boulders on one side of a scale.  But it has a very short run to the Fulcrum.

Uri dumps a 100 lb rock on the other side of the scale, but it has a VERY long run to the fulcrum.

The run is TIME itself. 

Harry has his 100 lb rock (soul-fire) for a LONG time.  Lucy's use of power is very short termed.

This puts me in a mind of what Vadderung said about changing the future being easier than changing the past.

At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---