Author Topic: Why Simon?  (Read 11906 times)

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
Re: Why Simon?
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2017, 05:23:30 PM »
No, I'm thinking more along the lines of Kansas not caring who the US sends to the UN.
The Jade Court is not the same nation as the Red Court. They're not all just one big happy vampire family. They're each distinct nations with distinct traits and distinct goals. The Jade Court is almost completely isolationist. You really think they'd want the expansionist Red Court speaking for them? Binding them into actions that they do not want to take?

Any supernatural nation would care who represents them. The Accords are a big, binding deal.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2017, 05:26:37 PM »
The Jade Court is not the same nation as the Red Court. They're not all just one big happy vampire family. They're each distinct nations with distinct traits and distinct goals. The Jade Court is almost completely isolationist. You really think they'd want the expansionist Red Court speaking for them? Binding them into actions that they do not want to take?

Any supernatural nation would care who represents them. The Accords are a big, binding deal.

That's kind of my whole point.  We don't know how they are separated/represented under the Accords.

Based on Ortega's actions regarding the dual, his actions could be interpreted as believing they were all one vampire nation.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2017, 05:35:06 PM »
That's kind of my whole point.  We don't know how they are separated/represented under the Accords.

Based on Ortega's actions regarding the dual, his actions could be interpreted as believing they were all one vampire nation.
We know that all of the vampire courts are different types of vampires with different hierarchies, different territories and different --
 sometimes mutually exclusive -- goals.

We know that the White Court and the Black Court hate each other.

We know that when the Red Court went to war, the White Court did not and in fact acted as a neutral party trying to get a ceasefire.

We know that the Jade Court is very invested in not being involved, while the other vampire courts are very invested in being involved.

We know enough to indicate that the Red, White and Black Courts are not all one nation under the Accords. Why on Earth would the Jade Court -- which has shown no affiliation to any of the Courts and is, again, almost totally isolationist -- let the Red Court make decisions for it?

It's basic common sense that you do not have someone with different interests and goals from you talking in your place. It would be very stupid of the Jade Court to just not care who's speaking for them in a binding treaty.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2017, 05:43:34 PM »
It might be the case where the White and Red courts have historically been allies or at least more inclined to work with one another than with other nations, but that doesn't mean they're considered the same nation. No more than the US and the UK are the same nation because they were allies in NATO.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2017, 02:31:33 PM »
It might be the case where the White and Red courts have historically been allies or at least more inclined to work with one another than with other nations, but that doesn't mean they're considered the same nation. No more than the US and the UK are the same nation because they were allies in NATO.

We're talking apples and oranges here.  My point is that we don't know.  Hopefully PT will clear some of it up.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2017, 03:25:10 PM »
There is likely an expert for every accords member due to its importance. For some reason Simon was expert for seven, that represents a huge responsibility.
k moinuddin

Offline Phariah

• Posty McPostington
  • When you hear hoof beats think horses not zebras.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2017, 12:11:49 AM »
to me I am not a fan of Simon being Cowl.
for the OP though I did give it a thought and to me here is a good idea, similar to what has been said that he gets room to act.
what if it wasn't just him that left. what if it was a faked mass exodus. what if Simon was body switched by Cowl awhile ways back. what if he was more like kemmler than the other disciples. instead of focusing on one sphere, he was an all around neco like Kemmler. using that position he helped embed Peabody. influencing the Brute Squad. I mean Brute Squad really does say pushing the edge of Laws to me lol. the war was starting and the Black Wizards needed room to prep for it. two fold effect. hurts moral of the Council and giving space to freely act for those that left.
Duty is as heavy as a mountain
  Death is as light as a feather

DV Phariah V1.2 YR 2 FR0.5 BK+++RP JB- TH WG+++ CL SW BC+ MC--- SH[Murphy++, Lara+]