Poll

Which absent villian will appear in Peace Talks?

Mavra
33 (24.3%)
Cowl
25 (18.4%)
Kumori
11 (8.1%)
Lara Raith
37 (27.2%)
Lord Raith
23 (16.9%)
The Eebs
7 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Which absent villian will appear in Peace Talks?  (Read 30652 times)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Which absent villian will appear in Peace Talks?
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2017, 07:38:38 AM »
I didn't see the body. No body might mean no death.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2017, 03:18:44 PM »
What? He fell out the window! Into the lake! No one could survive that. He's probably dead.

I literally Gawfawed
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2017, 01:11:47 PM »
Perhaps more to the point, he fell into the icy cold waters of Lake Michigan.

Which is to say, into the same lake Mab claimed as her domain vis a vis grabbing Dresden's body.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2017, 03:38:36 PM »
Perhaps more to the point, he fell into the icy cold waters of Lake Michigan.

Which is to say, into the same lake Mab claimed as her domain vis a vis grabbing Dresden's body.

I kind of wonder if he could survive the cure.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2017, 04:27:17 PM »
I kind of wonder if he could survive the cure.
Cats do have nine lives...

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2017, 04:48:16 PM »
Ah, but how many has he used already.

Offline Phariah

• Posty McPostington
  • When you hear hoof beats think horses not zebras.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2017, 12:03:37 AM »
I am saying Lara, Mavra, Cowl. the big shocker would be that Cowl shows up representing, *dun-dun dunnnnn*,  Drakul!
Duty is as heavy as a mountain
  Death is as light as a feather

DV Phariah V1.2 YR 2 FR0.5 BK+++RP JB- TH WG+++ CL SW BC+ MC--- SH[Murphy++, Lara+]

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2017, 12:27:32 AM »
As official representatives, beings would have something akin to diplomatic immunity. So beings that would usually be setting off conflict could be coming together.
k moinuddin

Offline Phariah

• Posty McPostington
  • When you hear hoof beats think horses not zebras.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2017, 12:46:04 AM »
As official representatives, beings would have something akin to diplomatic immunity. So beings that would usually be setting off conflict could be coming together.
ya. you will see 3 sides. the Black, the White, and the fence sitters. imho the sitters will also be divided into secret allies to one of the other 2, some secret minor cult/ sect/ whatever, and others that are looking at what happens with the thoughts of survival and profit.
Duty is as heavy as a mountain
  Death is as light as a feather

DV Phariah V1.2 YR 2 FR0.5 BK+++RP JB- TH WG+++ CL SW BC+ MC--- SH[Murphy++, Lara+]

Offline Froklsnt

• Participant
  • Mister, where I come from, there is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2017, 03:18:39 PM »
I disagree that there will be just two clear factions plus the fence sitters. The known signatories of the Accords are:

Quote from: Unseelie Accords, Dresden Files wikia
The Archive (both an emissary and a Freeholding Lord)
The Denarians - Nicodemus Archleone no longer a signatory as of Skin Game
Donar Vadderung, CEO of Monoc Securities
Both Faerie Courts
John Marcone (the first non-supernatural to sign onto the Accords)
Vampire Courts
The White Council
The Svartalves
Drakul
A semi-immortal shapshifter guru in Ukraine
Two Dragons
The Fomor

We know the Fomor called this meeting. No one really likes like Fomor, expect maybe the BCV and some of the immortal creatures we've barely met, maybe. The Fae exiled them to begin with, they've pissed off the Svartalves (Bombshells), WCV and Marcone (Even Hand, Aftermath), and the WCW. I'm confident Vadderung and the Archive aren't fans. They've taken all of the Reds old territory, I'm sure they're just fine with that.

Now, if those are your battle lines, I see where you're coming from. But everyone on that large side has wildly different interests regarding everything else. I really don't see nice even factions developing, even if the Fomor are that polarizing.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2017, 04:39:53 PM »
Well, let's see if we can at least narrow down who's probably in whose favor:

The Archive: She's inclined to favor the White Council and Harry in particular, which puts her in Winter's corner at least where he's concerned. If she knows that Summer was actively hindering Harry from saving her from the Denarians, that would put her against them.

The Denarians: It wasn't clear to me whether they were expelled as a whole or it was just Nicodemus -- remember like half of them were involved in breaking the Accords. Anyway, they probably don't have many in their corner.

Donar Vadderung: Definitely on the White Council and Winter's side, given his friendship with Harry (and that he's Santa).

Winter: With Harry as a go-between, they're probably most inclined to ally with the White Council, especially considering Chichen Itza, where not only the Winter Knight but the Leanansidhe helped win the White Council's war. Mab's position on the other signatories aside from Vadderung would be murkier.

Summer: Now, them I see as a wildcard. They don't have any clear allies that I can think of, and Titania's apathy has no doubt been affecting their relations to the other signatories. It also depends on who she sends -- ironically, most of her known retainers are inclined to like Harry personally, and by extension be softer on Winter than she might want. My prediction? Either the Lady and Knight will show up to represent Summer (giving Harry a possible ally), or Titania herself will show up and throw a huge wrench into Harry's plans.

Black Court: May not even be signatories; the last time the Accords were revised was in the 90s, well after they were broken as a nation.

Red Court: Well, they're all dead, so if there's anyone speaking for them at all, it'd be a surprise.

White Court: Given the events of Turn Coat (where the Senior Council and Lara worked together and uncovered a plot to try and turn them against each other) and Changes (where the prince and hero of the White Court assisted in winning the Council's war), the White Court probably enjoys a relatively friendly public relationship with the White Council. Lara is no doubt scheming behind the scenes, but on the face of it, I think she considers it good business to make nice with the White Council for the moment.

The White Council: As mentioned, I think they can mostly count on allies among the Archive, the Winter Court, Vadderung and the White Court.

Svartalves: I don't know much about them; given their Norse mythology origins, however, I think they're probably on speaking terms with Vadderung. That Molly is a member of their nation probably puts them on good terms with Winter, too, if they weren't already.

Drakul and the rest, I don't know enough about to speculate.

The Fomor: Yeah, nobody's a big fan of theirs. But I wouldn't be surprised if some behind-closed-doors deals had gone down.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2017, 07:12:33 PM »
A few things you missed ....

Lara and the white court are anti-fomor because the fomor have been attacking their prey, humans.

The Black court are probably still signatories, even if reduced in power and influence.

The members of Summer are fans of Harry, not winter or the Wouncil.  Same with the Svartalves with Molly.

Question:  Did the treaty with Mab regarding the use of the Ways by the council expire with the Rampires?

Offline deflated

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2017, 07:35:38 PM »
Ehh, I don't see Winter and the White Council necessarily being allied. There are close personal relationships between Winter and the wizards - Harry & the Gatekeeper both have feet in each camp - but between the organizations it is much more formal if not uncertain. The council as a group dealt formally with Mab in Summer Knight and were unsurprised when it appeared she was sitting out. Mab works with the council only if they do it on her terms.

I think the White Court/White Council relationship would be similar. The Raiths couldn't be seen to be publicly aligned with the Freaks beyond an 'the enemy of my enemy' deal.

The White Council has a rep for arrogance and pissing off much of the other signatories; Harry/Bianca was just a pretext for the Red Court to go to war, they were more than happy to start hostilities. They might find themselves on the outside of the happy Winter/Monoc/svartalves/Summer mutual defense pact.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2017, 03:36:35 PM »
Ehh, I don't see Winter and the White Council necessarily being allied. There are close personal relationships between Winter and the wizards - Harry & the Gatekeeper both have feet in each camp - but between the organizations it is much more formal if not uncertain. The council as a group dealt formally with Mab in Summer Knight and were unsurprised when it appeared she was sitting out. Mab works with the council only if they do it on her terms.

I think the White Court/White Council relationship would be similar. The Raiths couldn't be seen to be publicly aligned with the Freaks beyond an 'the enemy of my enemy' deal.

The White Council has a rep for arrogance and pissing off much of the other signatories; Harry/Bianca was just a pretext for the Red Court to go to war, they were more than happy to start hostilities. They might find themselves on the outside of the happy Winter/Monoc/svartalves/Summer mutual defense pact.

I know Harry does this, but I don't know that the Council does this.  Yes they are known as arrogant, but I don't know about the pissing other nations off.

Offline Froklsnt

• Participant
  • Mister, where I come from, there is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2017, 04:41:37 PM »
For story-telling reasons, it makes a lot more sense for the White Council and Winter to not be aligned. So many more options for making things hard on Harry that way.