Author Topic: Brief Cases to be released Summer 2018!  (Read 18069 times)

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
Re: Brief Cases to be released Summer 2018!
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2017, 03:58:30 AM »
Ok, it's that is the reason, it's fine, because folks who only buy Brief Cases will be grateful to have "all in one place".
Here here!
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline haroos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2017, 07:27:08 AM »
that's not the book that's overdue ... and i couldn't care less about brief cases at this time.
so far i have read none of the short stories.

Offline Romulan Cmdr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2017, 02:56:14 PM »
Could check out fan-fic?

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7102335/griffyn612
Wait, Griffyn have you written some more? I love the fire salamander. :)

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2017, 05:57:36 PM »
I'll be buying Brief Cases, mostly because I haven't had an opportunity to read either the Luccio nor the Butter's stories.  And of course the Mouse/Maggie story.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2017, 09:08:38 PM »
Wait, Griffyn have you written some more? I love the fire salamander. :)
I haven't published anything new, but they're in progress pending some info hopefully in peace talks.  Alas...

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2017, 07:39:30 PM »
Griffyn,

I'm sorry but that has been my experience.  I've seen too many "Gandalf fights... X" that sounds like someone has been playing "Magic the Gathering" far too intently. 

One big exception that I once found was a Dune/Star Trek TNG cross over that was incredibly well done.  The person writing felt like they were channeling Frank Herbert the tone of the story was so very much like the original Dune series.  He should have given Kevin J. Anderson lessons.
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2017, 12:06:31 PM »
Griffyn,

I'm sorry but that has been my experience.  I've seen too many "Gandalf fights... X" that sounds like someone has been playing "Magic the Gathering" far too intently. 

One big exception that I once found was a Dune/Star Trek TNG cross over that was incredibly well done.  The person writing felt like they were channeling Frank Herbert the tone of the story was so very much like the original Dune series.  He should have given Kevin J. Anderson lessons.
Ah, well, crossovers rarely work.  You should try something set in Chicago at the same time as the Dresden Files, but not featuring characters from the series.  That way you get Dresden-style stories without inaccurate voices or cannon-smashing interactions.

Offline SerScot

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2017, 12:24:24 PM »
Ah, well, crossovers rarely work.  You should try something set in Chicago at the same time as the Dresden Files, but not featuring characters from the series.  That way you get Dresden-style stories without inaccurate voices or cannon-smashing interactions.

That's a good thought and in fairness.  The Story I mention I found on an ancient website back when I was in college in 1993.
"Maybe there will be a laundry emergency at the Carpenter house, and Harry shows up with detergent saying, 'I am Harry of the White Council. And I come back to you now at the turn of the TideTM.'" -  Vairelome 9/25/2011

Mab =/= Molly

Malcom =/= KotC

Offline DonBugen

• Conversationalist
  • All hours are midnight now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2017, 08:24:43 PM »
So, I know that this is far from being a solid WOJ to stand upon, but I know that Jim’s stated several times that he’s got a specific order of publication:  first Peace Talks is going to be done, to make the fans happy; then Brief Cases to be done, to make the publishers happy; and then the next Cinder Spires; to make him happy.  I’m paraphrasing slightly.

… does this mean that we might be closer to getting a date for Peace Talks, and that it might be before Summer 2018?  Because that would be awesome.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2017, 11:03:36 PM »
Leave it be, sir, that way leads to madness.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline DonBugen

• Conversationalist
  • All hours are midnight now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2017, 03:02:11 AM »
Leads to madness? Dear sir. Until you've contained a person's madness into a dead mouse, ground it, boiled it, distilled it into an elixir of insanity, and have taken enough of it to see the pineapples and the candles within a man's head, all in order to speak to the invisible Faerie who has stolen away your wife, then I have to say you do not yet know what leads down that path.

In any case, I'm looking forward to reading Brief Cases; most stories I've already heard, though I'm looking forward to reading Day One for the first time.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2017, 04:41:39 AM »
Leave it be, sir, that way leads to madness.
I've walked that path... I draw logic from confusion and see the mundane as chaotic. I, am a Theorist, no conspiracy required ;)
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2017, 05:19:45 AM »
I like theorists.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2017, 05:30:06 AM »
Brief Cases will be coming out first.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2017, 07:19:12 AM »
Leads to madness? Dear sir. Until you've contained a person's madness into a dead mouse, ground it, boiled it, distilled it into an elixir of insanity, and have taken enough of it to see the pineapples and the candles within a man's head, all in order to speak to the invisible Faerie who has stolen away your wife, then I have to say you do not yet know what leads down that path.

In any case, I'm looking forward to reading Brief Cases; most stories I've already heard, though I'm looking forward to reading Day One for the first time.
We are a screwy bunch of bananas here, aren't we?
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?