Author Topic: Winter reacts  (Read 1795 times)

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
Winter reacts
« on: August 26, 2017, 12:15:19 AM »
I said the actual /Ice/ effect was not a conscious choice, rather tapping into Winter Energy was.  He can tap teh energy consciously, but the energy itself has an elemental leaning/nature (as opposed to being generic magic energy that is shaped to an element by a wizard).

he never mentions drawing upon winter. So it's not a choice, at least consciously. Hence why I saw winter reacted. As it does not do the same unintentional results anywhere else besides when he's either consciously using the mantle, or intentionally loosing himself in it.
Sure he does, all the time (See CD exampled below). And in SG he spends some time speculating on how it might interact with his wizard talents, and that he fears relying on it too often. 

In that last one he was literally just pouring Winter Energy into the water until it froze; normal mortal magic would have just been grounded out and diffused. 

Lets get into a different thread for this though, dont want to derail the Entropy question on a discussion of mantle mechanics.
Well, if you wanna :)
That example isn't quite what I mean, that's him being surprised by what winter does, It didn't do anything out of the ordinary for winter once he drew upon it. Coating your fist everytime you went to throw a punch would be odd.. and show a subconscious acceptance of the Mantle I don't think Harry quite possess.
Are either of those quotes from when he sprinted at Shark Face and nailed him though? cause that's when it fails to show him drawing upon winter before the fact.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.