Author Topic: Sells : BC recruit  (Read 6440 times)

Offline Phariah

• Posty McPostington
  • When you hear hoof beats think horses not zebras.
    • View Profile
Sells : BC recruit
« on: July 28, 2017, 09:49:01 PM »
imho I think Sells was a recruit. sorta like how spies make assets lol, the BC hooked him. guessing Raith or one of his witches spotted his talent. we know Raith preferred women casters because he could control them. so he passed this info along to the BC.
after a wizard learns to summon demons how much longer till they can summon Outsiders? Sells wasn't taught much beyond being a tool. gotta remember Peabody had inside reports about warlocks and others. yet this system which wasn't manned to match todays population, many talented must have slipped through the cracks. because to have summoned so many Outsiders for that battle of DR there must have been many Black Wizards. I am guessing quite a few of them are tools that were created like how Sells was. also I am guessing Morgan was steered towards Chicago and Harry by Peabody for the BC to either become a scapegoat or to stop Harry digging into it knowing he was a PI there. I do not believe Sells knew of the BC yet though. he was still being trained and wasn't trusted.
Duty is as heavy as a mountain
  Death is as light as a feather

DV Phariah V1.2 YR 2 FR0.5 BK+++RP JB- TH WG+++ CL SW BC+ MC--- SH[Murphy++, Lara+]

Offline Zaphodess

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Sells : BC recruit
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 10:31:57 AM »
That makes a lot of sense. Peabody had access to the Council's information on small time practitioners. Those who had gotten warnings from the Wardens could be easily approached and tempted to use some really black magic. In exchange, they'd be promised protection from the Wardens. And they'd owe some favors or could be blackmailed. Assuming they weren't willing to work for the Circle by the time they needed Outsiders anyway.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 08:36:56 PM »
Less recruit and more disposable resource. Sells was the toliet paper of magic community.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 11:17:36 PM »
Peabody would have access to the council list of known talented practioners, and those suspected or confirmed as warlocks. So they would have a good pool of subjects to recruit from.
k moinuddin

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 06:57:27 PM »
I have to agree with Wardenferry.

He was more of a BC asset than recruit.  He probably didn't even know about the BC.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 07:37:39 PM »
I have to agree with Wardenferry.

He was more of a BC asset than recruit.  He probably didn't even know about the BC.

I second, no third that opinion.  Sells was set up to take down Marcone or at least destabilize his hold on his criminal empire.  Had Sells succeeded and survived the BC might have found another use for him or; if Harry hadn't gotten in the way, might have let the White Council (Morgan) remove Sells.  Victor Sells was quite obviously insane which made him a loose end that needed to be snipped off.  Morgan was much more likely to just kill Sells than try to figure out who had trained him. 
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 01:52:35 PM »
I second, no third that opinion.  Sells was set up to take down Marcone or at least destabilize his hold on his criminal empire.  Had Sells succeeded and survived the BC might have found another use for him or; if Harry hadn't gotten in the way, might have let the White Council (Morgan) remove Sells.  Victor Sells was quite obviously insane which made him a loose end that needed to be snipped off.  Morgan was much more likely to just kill Sells than try to figure out who had trained him. 

Yeah, and thinking about it, it's entirely possible that the BC would have just used Sells as a money machine.  I'm not saying that the BC needs money, but lets face it, being evil on a budget just isn't the same thing as being able to order Sharks with Laser beams on their heads, is it?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 03:04:48 PM »
Agreed.  He was more cut-out man than a long-term investment.  That being said, if he /had/ managed to grow into bigger things (possibly after taking down a Council wizard or two) I've no doubt they'd have found larger uses for him. 

I tend to think he was a Tool in a War of Prophesy, that the BC's main goal was to target Marcone and take him out before he could grow into whatever it is that Vadderung is grooming him to become (The Good King Johnny?).  The whoel trust run of the Bloodline curse, and even the development of 3rdEye, were more side-benefits, but things that could have reasonably been accomplished anywhere (like a fully Ramp-dominated South America, perhaps). 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Zaphodess

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 03:12:21 PM »
Less recruit and more disposable resource. Sells was the toliet paper of magic community.
The one doesn't preclude the other. The BC doesn't recruit using advertising leaflets about everything they're doing. They can't put that kind of trust into people who haven't been tested.

Victor failed because he confided in the wrong people to build up his own little circle. If he had pulled off the Three-Eye distribution thing more cleverly (mainly by surviving and not getting the White Council involved), he would have been given something else to play with. If he had proven himself a couple of times, they might have eventually made him a member.

btw: I believe that's what they did with Molly in PG too. Corrupt her and see how she uses her powers. Then decide how they could get the most use out of her. As soon as Mab took her, she lost all value as a potential future recruit and could only be used as a pawn. They (Maeve among them) tried to use her as a means to get Mab or the White Council in conflict with Uriel's guys.

Molly was a failed investment in many ways.  ;)

Offline Zaphodess

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 03:13:07 PM »
Agreed.  He was more cut-out man than a long-term investment.  That being said, if he /had/ managed to grow into bigger things (possibly after taking down a Council wizard or two) I've no doubt they'd have found larger uses for him. 
I see you beat me to it. :)

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 05:19:25 PM »
btw: I believe that's what they did with Molly in PG too. Corrupt her and see how she uses her powers. Then decide how they could get the most use out of her. As soon as Mab took her, she lost all value as a potential future recruit and could only be used as a pawn. They (Maeve among them) tried to use her as a means to get Mab or the White Council in conflict with Uriel's guys.

Molly was a failed investment in many ways.  ;)
Hey, I like that!
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2017, 10:55:02 AM »
I often thought the 3rd eye drug was a means to discover those with unknown magic potential. Since that seems to be a constant problem with the White Council.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 12:18:09 PM »
I often thought the 3rd eye drug was a means to discover those with unknown magic potential. Since that seems to be a constant problem with the White Council.
Not a bad idea, though Id credit it to the Fomor, who arent discriminating on power levels, just collecting talent by bulk. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2017, 06:13:02 PM »
Not a bad idea, though Id credit it to the Fomor, who arent discriminating on power levels, just collecting talent by bulk.

Is it possible that a side-effect of three-eye is that any potential is unlocked.  Therefore anyone who took the drug would be a possible recruit for the Fomor?

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2017, 11:29:05 PM »
How connected are the Fomor to Nemesis and Harry's Black Council ideas?
Make Mine Butcher!