Author Topic: Warden and White Council attire/costume question  (Read 3661 times)

Offline Romulan Cmdr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Warden and White Council attire/costume question
« on: July 24, 2017, 08:23:56 PM »
In the Dresden Files, we have seen what is considered formal attire in the White Council meetings.
Per the wiki:
Formal robes were flowing black with stoles of satin and silk in one of the various colors and pattern of trim that denoted status.
Color or Trim Pattern    Status Meaning
Purple stole    Senior Council
Blue stole    Member
Red stole    Member with a Century of Service
Braided silver cord    Master Alchemists
Gold stitched Caduceus    Master Healers
Copper chevron     Doctorate in Scholarly Discipline
Seal of Solomon    Master Exorcist

So that is the regular White Council, but what about when Wardens are on duty at formal events? Do they wear the stoles or is their attire along with the grey cloaks, slightly different since they are suppose to be in a position to protect and keep order?

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: Warden and White Council attire/costume question
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 05:57:31 PM »
They'd still wear their Cloaks as part of the Warden uniform, though I'd expect the stoles as well in formal occasions.  The Captain had "full regalia, plus the grey cloak of the Wardens"
(click to show/hide)
and specifically had "the ceremonial staff of office of the Captain of the Wardens" so there might also be such object for any number of unique roles in the Council hierarchy.   The wardens and council member all wear both Cloak and robe at a trial/execution.

In Sk
(click to show/hide)

For completeness sake, there's also the Brown robes of an Apprentice. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Romulan Cmdr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 06:19:42 PM »
They'd still wear their Cloaks as part of the Warden uniform, though I'd expect the stoles as well in formal occasions.  The Captain had "full regalia, plus the grey cloak of the Wardens"
(click to show/hide)
and specifically had "the ceremonial staff of office of the Captain of the Wardens" so there might also be such object for any number of unique roles in the Council hierarchy.   The wardens and council member all wear both Cloak and robe at a trial/execution.

In Sk
(click to show/hide)

Thanks Quantus. I couldnt remember which one had that other listing.
That does bring up a question, when someone is 'dressed in robes' what types of robe does that invoke? Im specifically thinking of Cowl and Kumori.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 06:44:33 PM »
That does bring up a question, when someone is 'dressed in robes' what types of robe does that invoke? Im specifically thinking of Cowl and Kumori.
I always pictured graduation style robes, on account of it nominally being an academic organization. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Romulan Cmdr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 06:33:12 PM »
(click to show/hide)

In Sk
(click to show/hide)

I was just re-reading Summer Knight and you are right, when Dresden is held up by the Morgan and the Wardens at the entrance, the wardens have red stoles. :)

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 06:56:20 PM »

These robes/Cowls I picture more like that of a Ringwraith from LOTR.  The kind that has a hood/cowl that can be pulled up and hide one's face.  The color, I don't recall if it was mentioned, but I picture dark brown to black.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 07:41:31 PM »
The standard Council Robes do not have a Hood like Cowl or the Ringwraith look, since Gatekeeper's hood is always a specifically noted difference. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Romulan Cmdr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 03:16:56 AM »
The standard Council Robes do not have a Hood like Cowl or the Ringwraith look, since Gatekeeper's hood is always a specifically noted difference.
Right.. but I am working on a Kumori outfit for the DragonCon photoshoot :)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 04:19:45 AM »
Right.. but I am working on a Kumori outfit for the DragonCon photoshoot :)
Might I recommend a style?  It's not specifically a match for Kumori's cloak in the text, but I like it as a Ring-wraith//LeagueOfShadows(BB)/Darth Wannabe compromise.

Since the person's face would still be visible at times, incorporating a lace mask to mimic a myrk spell might be appropriate.