Author Topic: Does Jim have a new story?  (Read 4819 times)

Offline Drikonn

• Participant
    • View Profile
Does Jim have a new story?
« on: July 19, 2017, 07:14:15 AM »
I got an email from Amazon called Urban Enemies featuring a short story by Jim...and I've heard nothing else about it. Am I missing something?

Offline jamescagney22

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Does Jim have a new story?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 08:11:15 AM »
If I recall correctly it is just a reprint of the Even Hand story he already did. Most likely the publisher wanted to his name to boost sales of the book.

Offline Drikonn

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 09:34:37 AM »
Ah, okay makes sense. There was just zero information about what the story on the website

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 12:54:02 PM »
Yah, Even Hand has gotten around a few times that way.

Shame, since Jim was denied rights to include it in his own anthology shortly after he wrote it. 

Check the main sight, there was an announcement today for new stories.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline OpticChaos

• Posty McPostington
  • Vive Ri e Ama
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 06:41:14 PM »
If Brief Cases is so close to release (with the betas) is Fistful of Warlocks going to be in it? Just wondering as it is so new it might not be able to be printed again. Also the Bigfoot stories?

Anyone know?
Glad to be back. Missed this place terribly!

Offline jamescagney22

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 06:59:24 PM »
If Brief Cases is so close to release (with the betas) is Fistful of Warlocks going to be in it? Just wondering as it is so new it might not be able to be printed again. Also the Bigfoot stories?

Anyone know?
Well I think they will try to get the Fistful of Warlocks waiver shortened for the collection, usually short stories have to wait around a year before they can be released in other formats but I don't see why they wouldn't.

Offline slayn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 07:14:44 PM »
That email isn't worded very well, but it sounds like the last story for inclusion in Brief Cases is with Jim's beta readers, not the collection itself.

On the flip side, the email is clear about the inclusion of all short stories since Side Jobs, so that's a pretty strong indication that the Bigfoot stories will be included.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 03:27:17 PM »
Yeah, all of the previous stories have passed through the Betas and have been printed.

I suspect the Maggie/Harry/Mouse Zoo story is the one with the Betas today, maybe plus the commentary Jim does before each story.

As to what all will be in the anthology ... It says ALL short stories that were written that were not included in Side Jobs.  So I'm thinking Fistful will be in there.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 03:00:34 PM »
Well I think they will try to get the Fistful of Warlocks waiver shortened for the collection, usually short stories have to wait around a year before they can be released in other formats but I don't see why they wouldn't.
The official announcement for it said it would take us "inside the mind of John Marcone, Anastasia Luccio, Molly Carpenter, Waldo Butters, and even Maggie and Mouse!"  So that presumably confirms that Even Hand, Fistful of Warlocks, Bombshells, Day One, and (obviously) the new story will all be included.  And if the ones from the last year are in it, I dont know why the Bigfoot trilogy would be left out. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline sisk

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 01:29:44 PM »
Wouldn't the Bigfoot trilogy be a whole book by themselves? With a title like "Working for Bigfoot"?

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 02:46:40 PM »
Wouldn't the Bigfoot trilogy be a whole book by themselves? With a title like "Working for Bigfoot"?
It has been released that way, yes.  But all three are expected to also be included in this larger collection. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain