Author Topic: Wag the Fomor  (Read 7046 times)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Wag the Fomor
« on: July 14, 2017, 01:08:41 PM »
We've been talking about everything from abstract cosmology to How Mother Winter does her shopping, but it feels like it's been a while since we actually did much predicting on Peace Talks, specifically.

So, the Fomor are clearly up to something.  And I personally doubt very much they are actually interested in Peace.  So what is their scheme?  What are they really after? What is their Endgame. 

It would be helpful if you also post any theories or assumptions your working with as far as What the Fomor are, what schemes they're involved in now, and what their Endgame is.

Personally, I think they are just trying to get all the biggest players with the oldest grudges to forces themselves into the same room.  Cram them all into a pressure cooker, and hope they spark another War all on their own. 

Actually, I kind of suspect an assassination followed by a Clue-style Who-Dunnit story, where Harry and friends have to solve the mystery while defusing tempers (because that's totally Harry's wheelhouse) and maybe forging a little World Peace in their spare time. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 01:11:48 PM by Quantus »
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline jamescagney22

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Wag the Fomor
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 01:41:52 PM »
Well I think that it is less important what they want as opposed to the others players in the game, Drakul, the Faerie Courts, Donar Vadderung, and of course the Black Council. I believe that they are being manipulated in pursuit of power and revenge in order to further destabilize the supernatural world. And I think it not be a assassination mystery but an assassination/attempt free for all. Which Harry will be caught literally in the middle.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 05:20:54 PM »
I wouldn't doubt a variation on the theme of Bombshells, from the Fomor.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 06:30:35 PM »
I wouldn't doubt a variation on the theme of Bombshells, from the Fomor.

Pretty much. I'm expecting:

Step 1: Try to assemble as many supernatural VIP's as possible under the pretext of negotiations.
Step 2: Mass casualty attack. (Something along the lines of another poison bomb, or a strike with more superghouls / hidden Black Court allies / Franken-servitors hopped up on magic stolen from kidnapped minor talents)
Step 3: Move against factions that are deprived of leadership.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 08:05:53 PM »
Anyone else disappointed that this thread isn't about a Fomor named Wag?  A Fomor that gains power through the use of his name, and we've been secretly empowering him for years with our theories, to the point that he can see parallel realities with different outcomes based on different potential scenarios?

No?  Just me? 

Okay.

Offline Phobos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 11:51:23 PM »
Predictions-
1. Harry is assigned to keep an eye on the meeting to make sure it doesn't devolve into a complete madhouse. The I think its politically expedient for the Fomor to offer terms for being fully accepted as a supernatural nation in exchange for ceasing hostilities. There will be normal political intrigues expected at such a meeting, meanwhile a 3rd party will push their own agenda at the expense of all other participants (my money is on the Black Court).

2. Same as above, but one of the attendee's will do everything in their power to keep any peace agreement from being reached due to affiliation with black council/nemesis/etc.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 12:30:34 AM »
Fomor are trying to create a global crisis, upset a lot of big names, and blame it on Mab.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Zaphodess

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 09:50:19 AM »
Pretty much. I'm expecting:

Step 1: Try to assemble as many supernatural VIP's as possible under the pretext of negotiations.
Step 2: Mass casualty attack. (Something along the lines of another poison bomb, or a strike with more superghouls / hidden Black Court allies / Franken-servitors hopped up on magic stolen from kidnapped minor talents)
Step 3: Move against factions that are deprived of leadership.
Count me in.

As to their endgame: They have been banished to the sea a long time ago, probably by a coalition of various other powers. So revenge is an obvious motive. But they also want power, they simply want to become the biggest bad out there (again?). Playing the other powers against each other would be very helpful, so we should expect an attack that is not clearly their doing, something the others can (and will) blame each other for.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 07:23:31 PM »
The description of the fomor sound similar to the well inmates. So I wonder how many of those defeated and destroyed dark pantheons have members trapped under the island. I bet if the court lost their true immortals end beings of power, the court would be effectively neutralized.
k moinuddin

Offline Smaug with OCD

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 03:45:44 AM »
The description of the fomor sound similar to the well inmates...
Spring boarding off of this: Does anyone think the Fomor might be corrupted by The Sleeper mentioned in Cold Case?

Maeve mentioned "awakening the sleepers" as well in Cold Days, which seems worth noting. I have a hard time thinking the two mentioned are unrelated.
Cookies are awesome. Join the Dark Side.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 09:05:48 PM »
The fomor were made into outcasts when their original homes were torn down, so it makes sense if they searched for a new patron, someone to back their play.
k moinuddin

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 01:20:47 PM »
Does it make any sense, that since the Fomor were banished to the oceans, that maybe Poseidon / Neptune would be amongst their numbers?

Also, since water covers around 70% of the world, might that give them more room to actually be a much larger nation than we imagined?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 02:01:41 PM »
Does it make any sense, that since the Fomor were banished to the oceans, that maybe Poseidon / Neptune would be amongst their numbers?
Id say No, on the logic that Poseidon/Neptune would have had to fight Oceanus (the Titan of the Sea) for rulership, and that said titan would be the one to join up with the Fomor.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 02:48:12 PM »
I thought "they" did fight Oceanus, and won.  That's why they rule "now".

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 02:57:40 PM »
I thought "they" did fight Oceanus, and won.  That's why they rule "now".
They Who?  Poseidon?  He's the "Have" of this equation, not the "Have-Not", the fomor are the collection of those that got defeated and cast out.  I wouldnt expect Poseidon to fall into that category any more than Zeus or Hades.  But their predecessor titans, those like Helios or Oceanus or any other's who had their purviews taken might join up.  And Oceanus in particular got redefined as the further, wild and unexplored seas, as opposed to the known areas of the Mediterranean.  that might be enough to have pushed him out to wherever the Sleepers and the Fomor were chilling. 

Nah, as far as I can find Oceanus never actually took the field against anyone.  He stayed neutral in most of the famous fights (titanomachy, giantomachy, etc) and was more or less pushed out
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/