Author Topic: New short story in process  (Read 11997 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
New short story in process
« on: July 13, 2017, 03:32:16 AM »
I have to admit I am sad to know Jim is working in a Maggie/Mouse POV story. Those who know me are aware that is the least character I would have chosen.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: New short story in process
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 03:43:25 AM »
I have to admit I am sad to know Jim is working in a Maggie/Mouse POV story. Those who know me are aware that is the least character I would have chosen.
On the bright side... Mouse!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 03:55:05 AM »
Yes, I tried to think in that too. That would be challenging for a writer, I believe. And hopefully will shine some light over Mouse true Nature.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Anubissama

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 07:42:10 AM »
Wait, is it a short story I haven't heard about or is there some new news about the Young Adult series he plans to write at some point with his sister?

FFS man, just write Peace Talks... don't go for the easy crowd pleaser of kids and animals.
DV Anubissama V1.2 YR5 FR(M) 3 BK++++: RP++++: JB+: TH+++: WG: CL++: SW +(-): BC+: MC+++: SH(Molly)+++++:

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 11:03:39 AM »
Jim's mentioned at signings that he wants to write a short story about a trip to the zoo for the three of them.  If I remember right, it's going to be the same story told from the three different perspectives, although Jim followed up that it's turning out to be much more difficult and frustrating than he anticipated.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 01:22:42 PM »
I didn't know what Serack just told us, but in the main site here, there is a section to tell us the news about JB works. It has been recently update to tell that Jim is working in a story exclusively for Briefcases (just like he wrote Aftermath just for Side Jobs) and it said we will see Maggie and Mouse POV
Missing you, Md 

Offline airyie

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 01:57:50 PM »
:) Maybe when it comes out, and you read it, you'll be pleasantly be surprised. :)
A few things I originally didn't want to read or watch turned into something I really loved or appreciated.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 04:44:01 PM »
I'll enjoy anything Jim publishes.  But I do have a special place in my heart for Mouse.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 05:47:03 PM »
Mister is my favorite, followed by Mouse. So I will read the story. (As I have bought all the books with the short stories that will appear in Briefcases, I probably would have avoided to purchase it if the "special" story would have been Maggie's POV. But Mouse involvement will probably force me to buy it. Heck, even hubby, who has read all the books but none of the short stories, could decide to read it. He loves Mouse)
Missing you, Md 

Offline ebliss1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 11:35:19 AM »
Will this story be enjoyable? Probably.

Would I rather have Peace Talks? Absolutely!
Making a Better World Whether You Like it or Not

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 02:42:19 PM »
Will this story be enjoyable? Probably.

Would I rather have Peace Talks? Absolutely!

This ... but still .... MOUSE!
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 05:17:28 PM »
Jim's mentioned at signings that he wants to write a short story about a trip to the zoo for the three of them.  If I remember right, it's going to be the same story told from the three different perspectives, although Jim followed up that it's turning out to be much more difficult and frustrating than he anticipated.

I didn't know what Serack just told us, but in the main site here, there is a section to tell us the news about JB works. It has been recently update to tell that Jim is working in a story exclusively for Briefcases (just like he wrote Aftermath just for Side Jobs) and it said we will see Maggie and Mouse POV

Coming back to reiterate my original post that Jim's said it's the same story about a trip to the zoo told from all three perspectives. 

And I'll add that... It.  Is.  Awesome.

I might be suffering from the latest short story is the best short story itis.  But if we don't count the novellas it's probably the best short story yet.  (granted the others have moments just as good)  It's good on multiple levels. 

I say again.  It.  Is.  Awesome.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 05:26:18 PM »
Coming back to reiterate my original post that Jim's said it's the same story about a trip to the zoo told from all three perspectives. 

And I'll add that... It.  Is.  Awesome.

I might be suffering from the latest short story is the best short story itis.  But if we don't count the novellas it's probably the best short story yet.  (granted the others have moments just as good)  It's good on multiple levels. 

I say again.  It.  Is.  Awesome.
Oooh, if it's made it to the beta's, does that mean we'll be seeing it sooner rather than later? *twitchtwitch*
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline ebliss1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 06:05:16 PM »
It amazes me that we can get offers like this:

"Want a new Mercades (Peace Talks), or a top-of-the-line Smartcar (short story)?"

And people on here are like "yeah! Smartcar!"
Making a Better World Whether You Like it or Not

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 07:07:37 PM »
On the bright side... Mouse!

If he's as sassy as he was to Lea when she turned them all into dogs, this is going to be a fun read.