Author Topic: Dresden Shorts  (Read 4020 times)

Offline OpticChaos

• Posty McPostington
  • Vive Ri e Ama
    • View Profile
Dresden Shorts
« on: July 11, 2017, 10:31:09 AM »
Is there a list anywhere of the books in which the short stories appear, post Side Jobs? Or will they be getting put into an anthology like Side Jobs?

Never bought them before as I don't really like having to spend money on a book of which I'll only read one small section. but seeing references to stories I haven't read in the spoiler section is making me sad and want to catch up ASAP
Glad to be back. Missed this place terribly!

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden Shorts
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 02:13:14 PM »
Something I haven't heard is ... is there an idea of when Brief Cases will be published?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 02:21:17 PM »
Something I haven't heard is ... is there an idea of when Brief Cases will be published?
Not that I know of, but I dont personally expect it to be this too terribly soon.  Even assuming Fistful of Warlocks is the last one they were waiting to be published first, Id think they'd need to let the original anthology be the only source of it for at least a little while, maybe a year or so at least?  The point of those anthologies is to bait people with familiar Authors/franchises and use it as a vehicle to introduce the readers to new authors and stories, and immediately republishing on of the more well-known ones in a dedicated collection undercuts that whole goal. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline OpticChaos

• Posty McPostington
  • Vive Ri e Ama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 03:57:20 PM »
That's a shame, even if the release date was a year from now, it would be nice to know how long I have to wait before I can go back into the spoiler section . . . the conversations in there are much more fun even if I perpetually lurk lols!

Besides I'm almost willing to spend the money on all the anthologies post Side Jobs with JB's work because I just want to know what people are on about when they casually throw out references which I have no idea about :(

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 04:51:20 PM »
Besides I'm almost willing to spend the money on all the anthologies post Side Jobs with JB's work because I just want to know what people are on about when they casually throw out references which I have no idea about :(
Absolutely worth it.  If it helps I think today is Prime Day on Amazon, so there might well be some sort of coupon or sale option to get them cheap or bundled or something. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline slayn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 05:22:03 PM »
There's always the library...

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 07:56:07 PM »
SHHHH... Dont tell the others about's the Free Bookses! 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Romulan Cmdr

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 09:22:55 PM »
SHHHH... Dont tell the others about's the Free Bookses!
Do we know if the bigfoot stories will get put into Brief Cases since the physical copies of working for bigfoot was far too small a run.

Offline slayn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 01:14:34 AM »
Do we know if the bigfoot stories will get put into Brief Cases since the physical copies of working for bigfoot was far too small a run.

Not for sure, but it seems pretty likely.

Offline OpticChaos

• Posty McPostington
  • Vive Ri e Ama
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 05:27:52 AM »

Unfortunately the library near me does not stock any JB really, let alone short story anthologies. :(

@Quantas Hahahahaha!!!

I really hope so too, they sound really good :)

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 12:34:37 PM »
It's on the official list, so to the best of my knowledge Yes.  As far as I can tell that's more solid than the actual title "Brief Cases", but the intent appears to be to include every short published since Side Jobs.  Unless he takes an extended break there will likely be a logistic cutoff somewhere (like how Curses didnt make it into Side Jobs), but the plan seems to be to have everything up to Fistful of Warlocks included.  Even the AAAA Wizardry that was published in the RPG.

<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline slayn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 12:45:54 PM »
Unfortunately the library near me does not stock any JB really, let alone short story anthologies. :(

Inter-library loan, my friend!