Author Topic: A warden's sword for Harry...  (Read 33617 times)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: A warden's sword for Harry...
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2017, 08:14:48 PM »
No, that'd hurt her ego. THAT is the mistake Kringle warns about lol.
I know.  She'd hate it.  That doesnt mean that, given the right circumstances she wouldnt still go along with it.  Also doenst mean she has to survive it; Im picturing it as a BAT, 3rd Act sort of thing, something Endgame. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline khadgar4606

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2017, 11:45:53 AM »
We are talking harry getting leash on mab. Harry probably let him self and molly from their mantles but in my honest opinion i prefer to force mab to perform striptease with pole dance  to Bob then getting rid of my mantle( which gonna be mind raped to obidience as side plot)

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2017, 12:16:24 PM »
We are talking harry getting leash on mab. Harry probably let him self and molly from their mantles but in my honest opinion i prefer to force mab to perform striptease with pole dance  to Bob then getting rid of my mantle( which gonna be mind raped to obidience as side plot)
Part of where this is coming from is that I see harry as steadily moving up the ladder in the Court, or at least in how he interacts with them.  Once upon a time Lea made him quake in his boots and avoid the NN at all costs.  Now he orders her around, they have a much more even/level (gadara style) relationship.  Ditto his relationship with the Winter Lady and arguably Erlking, albeit with their own circumstances.  Before it's over I think things will have moved beyond Mab, and when Harry starts acting like the Mother's Knight, I could see Mab getting backed into that kind of corner. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2017, 07:28:31 PM »
Part of where this is coming from is that I see harry as steadily moving up the ladder in the Court, or at least in how he interacts with them.  Once upon a time Lea made him quake in his boots and avoid the NN at all costs.  Now he orders her around, they have a much more even/level (gadara style) relationship.  Ditto his relationship with the Winter Lady and arguably Erlking, albeit with their own circumstances.  Before it's over I think things will have moved beyond Mab, and when Harry starts acting like the Mother's Knight, I could see Mab getting backed into that kind of corner.

You know, Q, I don't think so.

I think Harry is as high as he's going to get, in the Fairy courts.  I think with these last 5-7 books he'll beat up more of the courts, but that's because of his current mandates, but I think he'll always be Mab's knight.

Jim has said he didn't ever want Harry to become a big fish in a big pond.  Harry is always supposed to be a small fish.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2017, 08:16:50 PM »
You know, Q, I don't think so.

I think Harry is as high as he's going to get, in the Fairy courts.  I think with these last 5-7 books he'll beat up more of the courts, but that's because of his current mandates, but I think he'll always be Mab's knight.

Jim has said he didn't ever want Harry to become a big fish in a big pond.  Harry is always supposed to be a small fish.
Oh, he'll still be a tiny fish when compared to the likes of the Mothers and Walkers and Dragons and whatnot.  I just see him moving up to a bigger pond at least one more time, as we approach/enter the BAT.  I also still think it's conspicuous that we dont really know what the Mother's Do, or what they use a Knight for (since all Queens are supposed to have distinct uses for the Knight).   
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline khadgar4606

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2017, 01:41:57 PM »
Oh, he'll still be a tiny fish when compared to the likes of the Mothers and Walkers and Dragons and whatnot.  I just see him moving up to a bigger pond at least one more time, as we approach/enter the BAT.  I also still think it's conspicuous that we dont really know what the Mother's Do, or what they use a Knight for (since all Queens are supposed to have distinct uses for the Knight).
you know for mortal wizard being peer with f ing fae queens is epic enough and lets not forget he personaly knows archive and couple of accords owners( marcone and f*cking odin) and cousin of lara raith so harry has some good amount of infuluence in super natural cominity and besides marcone and odin who have standing army like him in accords

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2017, 01:58:50 PM »
I know.  She'd hate it.  That doesnt mean that, given the right circumstances she wouldnt still go along with it.  Also doenst mean she has to survive it; Im picturing it as a BAT, 3rd Act sort of thing, something Endgame. 

The only way she'd go along with it is if A) It was part of her plan to turn the tables on him again later or B) Something bigger then Her was leaning over Harry's Shoulder forcing her to.

Mab's Ego is probably bigger then her Army.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2017, 02:14:50 PM »
The only way she'd go along with it is if A) It was part of her plan to turn the tables on him again later or B) Something bigger then Her was leaning over Harry's Shoulder forcing her to.

Mab's Ego is probably bigger then her Army.
I expect B.  Or barring that I expect A, but her not actually surviving to enact whatever vengeance she had in mind. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2017, 03:25:15 PM »
when Harry starts acting like the Mother's Knight, I could see Mab getting backed into that kind of corner.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he ALREADY Mother Winter's Knight?  The Knight serves the Queens, plural, with the specific caveat in Harry's case that he can tell them to buzz off.  So far we've seen him do wet work for Mab, but Mother Winter gave her tacit seal of approval after that Halloween fiasco.  At this point, I'm kind of afraid and excited to see his first mission for Mama Winter, because of how much more nasty she is than Mab.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2017, 04:44:36 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he ALREADY Mother Winter's Knight?  The Knight serves the Queens, plural, with the specific caveat in Harry's case that he can tell them to buzz off.  So far we've seen him do wet work for Mab, but Mother Winter gave her tacit seal of approval after that Halloween fiasco.  At this point, I'm kind of afraid and excited to see his first mission for Mama Winter, because of how much more nasty she is than Mab.
Exactly.  I desperately want to see what happens when Old Iron Teeth takes the reins.  Now that she's tested him herself and decided he might be worth the trouble, I have to expect to to make some use of him. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2017, 06:16:43 PM »
I think that will be EPIC
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2017, 07:01:35 PM »
I think it will be horrifying.  Because Harry made the "only if I'm okay with it" deal with Mab.  What if Baba Yaga decides that because she didn't make the deal that it doesn't apply to her...
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2017, 07:32:34 PM »
I think that will be EPIC
I think it will be horrifying.  Because Harry made the "only if I'm okay with it" deal with Mab.  What if Baba Yaga decides that because she didn't make the deal that it doesn't apply to her...
The two are not mutually exclusive :D
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2017, 07:37:04 PM »
I was thinking the same thing... I can totally see Jim using that.

It would be even worse if Molly is the one who says Harry has to hurt, say, Butters.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2017, 07:41:51 PM »
Because Harry made the "only if I'm okay with it" deal with Mab.  What if Baba Yaga decides that because she didn't make the deal that it doesn't apply to her...
Missed this bit. 

The Deal is the Deal, I dont think she can claim one piece (that Harry has the Duties of the Winter Knight) without upholding the rest of Winter's side.  So if she finds a way around that particular clause she has invalidated her only Hook on Harry.  That sort of obligation is too innate in the Fae Mantles, methinks.   
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/