Author Topic: A warden's sword for Harry...  (Read 33655 times)

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: A warden's sword for Harry...
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2017, 02:34:31 AM »
I bet the counter measures to block the summoning are simple, nic would usually summon the coins when they are in the open with out a host. It is likely a ritual that takes time and effort. The swords likely negate such an effort.
k moinuddin

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2017, 12:14:51 PM »
I bet the counter measures to block the summoning are simple, nic would usually summon the coins when they are in the open with out a host. It is likely a ritual that takes time and effort. The swords likely negate such an effort.
So he has this mysterious super power, but we've never seen him use it and there's no historic indication and him having it would have changed his actions on several instances.  But he has it, because...?
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2017, 04:57:15 AM »
It could be part of the reason the order found it so easy to regain the coins.
k moinuddin

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2017, 12:15:14 PM »
It could be part of the reason the order found it so easy to regain the coins.
But Anduriel's information gathering capabilities can fully explain that, without the need for additional undescribed powers, no?
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2017, 12:31:32 PM »
But Anduriel's information gathering capabilities can fully explain that, without the need for additional undescribed powers, no?
Or a direct access to a corrupted Clergy?
One the other hand, we've talked about what Angels can do when their meant to. The Fallen are meant to influence and offer power. As we've seen in the coins funky behavior, maybe they are 'allowed' to makes sure their influence is felt?
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2017, 01:13:34 PM »
Or a direct access to a corrupted Clergy?
One the other hand, we've talked about what Angels can do when their meant to. The Fallen are meant to influence and offer power. As we've seen in the coins funky behavior, maybe they are 'allowed' to makes sure their influence is felt?
If I get what your are proposing correctly, ya Id be ok with that.  Given how TWG operated via cooincidence and whatnot, I'd feel easier with the explanation that The Universe arranges them to get out to keep the Balance by keeping them in "circulation".  To my mind that fits better than Nic, and especially /all/ Denarians, having an underutilized ability to whistle them up whenever they want. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2017, 06:20:49 PM »
Given that it's in the coins nature to be in circulation.  I would not doubt that it could be a combination of all these things.  Nick, or Tessa, or another may have the ability to summon a coin.  Then again, with Nick's shadow ability, it could be that when he finds out where coins are being held, he simply contacts his guy in the area and secures them that way.

There are all kinds of possible ways.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2017, 07:04:41 PM »
Given that it's in the coins nature to be in circulation.  I would not doubt that it could be a combination of all these things.  Nick, or Tessa, or another may have the ability to summon a coin.  Then again, with Nick's shadow ability, it could be that when he finds out where coins are being held, he simply contacts his guy in the area and secures them that way.

There are all kinds of possible ways.
Theoretically, if said influence extends to the whole planet, can not the fallen in the coins communicate? I mean, Lasciel talked to Harry. It shouldn't be against the rules to communicate to each other? Idk that's always been goofy to me, Lasc leaving off being stuk in the coin to go whisper sweet deadly suggestions at Harry. It was only the whispering that was illegal, not the watching? How stuck are they really?
Or how much like Andurial is Lash's abilities ??? ?
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2017, 07:10:36 PM »
I took it to mean that it was the whispering, not her visit as a shadow, that was the illegal part.

Which means that in Changes she already had a host.  One that allowed her (Lashiel) to no longer be trapped in the coin (like carbonite according to WoJ).
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2017, 02:16:07 AM »
Well Mythologically Lasciel as a Fallen Angel presence should never have been allowed in a church let a lone a Cathedral.

Offline Zaphodess

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2017, 09:07:46 AM »
I think she sort of got an invitation from Harry when he considered his options. One of them was taking up a coin.

There was still a part of her Shadow inside Harry's head. That bit that grew into Bonnie.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2017, 01:44:03 PM »
Well Mythologically Lasciel as a Fallen Angel presence should never have been allowed in a church let a lone a Cathedral.
It's said in the books that the Fallen don't like visiting churches because it makes them remember, or something along those lines.  It seems in the series that there's no such restriction.

Offline khadgar4606

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2017, 12:02:59 PM »
I think in rpg terms vissiting church compels several aspects of fallen like pity, anger and other emotion depending of fallen which lash is redemption thanks to harry admantly keep her in tight leash.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2017, 12:18:01 PM »
But on the flip side a church doesnt offer significantly more defense than an equivalent unwarded Threashold, which is to say reasonably powerful anything can push through it.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2017, 05:40:57 PM »
When you consider that a Church is a "House of God" it makes sense that it wouldn't need much in the form of defense against someone OF God, as in a Denarian.