Author Topic: A warden's sword for Harry...  (Read 33713 times)

Offline deflated

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: A warden's sword for Harry...
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2017, 10:36:41 PM »
The only way she'd go along with it is if A) It was part of her plan to turn the tables on him again later or B) Something bigger then Her was leaning over Harry's Shoulder forcing her to.

Mab's Ego is probably bigger then her Army.
[/quote

Or C) she's tired of the fight and wants and ending. Queens don't last forever; if Mab wanted out I could see her setting Harry up to kill her/remove the mantle and he'd never know till afterward it wasn't his brilliant plan.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2017, 05:20:04 PM »
Missed this bit. 

The Deal is the Deal, I dont think she can claim one piece (that Harry has the Duties of the Winter Knight) without upholding the rest of Winter's side.  So if she finds a way around that particular clause she has invalidated her only Hook on Harry.  That sort of obligation is too innate in the Fae Mantles, methinks.   

I could see Mother winter saying it to Harry, true or not.  I mean, she could try to convince Harry that the deal is different since she accepted him in her cottage.  It may not be completely true, but she doesn't have to tell him that.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2017, 09:56:09 PM »
Or, ya know, he just does whatever it is because we are talking about MOTHER WINTER, a literal force if nature and an elderly woman to boot.  Harry respect women.  Harry respects his elders.  Harry lips off to gods, but still plays nice if they're not trying to kill him.  I can see her telling him to commit this unspeakable atrocity like she's telling the neighbor boy to mow her lawn, and Harry trying desperately to find a way to do it without sacrificing a litter of puppies.  Scary, yet hilarious.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 22, 2017, 05:21:56 PM »
LOL ... Of course.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---