Author Topic: The Issue of Pants: Summer Knight  (Read 6656 times)

Offline Orion Ultor

• Participant
    • View Profile
The Issue of Pants: Summer Knight
« on: July 05, 2017, 10:32:43 PM »
Hey, I was rereading plus rehearing, Summer Knight (audiobook) and I noticed that in the scene that Harry is speaking with Maeve there's something a bit…odd, let's say. See, I noticed that after he's dumped the ice water on himself to get his libido in check, he /never/ rezips his pants.

Now…how long did it take for him to notice that he forgot about it? Did Billy ever mention it, shortly thereafter, making fun of Harry? Or did nobody notice this fact at all, even when he jumped Aurora? Because if he went like that the entire book, I can't decide whether the facts is that he was either being brave as sh*t, an absolute doofus, somewhat creepy (/if/ his fly was down when when he was killing Aurora), or some combination of the above.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 10:35:55 PM by Orion Ultor »

Offline Firnatine34

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: The Issue of Pants: Summer Knight
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 11:01:50 PM »
This isn't an accident. He's never rezipped his pants.

Ever.

Offline Orion Ultor

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 02:02:33 AM »
This isn't an accident. He's never rezipped his pants.

Ever.
Heh. That does explain why Chairty knocks him on his ass /immediately/ after seeing Molly in the room in the next book.

Offline Firnatine34

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 02:15:41 AM »
Rule 1: A Wizard Arrives Precisely When He Means To.

Rule 2: No Zippers

Offline jamescagney22

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 03:21:36 AM »
You know its the little things that makes you appreciate this series, Polka Will Never Die as pwned, the Erlking's mortal connection being the FBI, known for rescuing lost children, etc...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 11:12:08 PM by jamescagney22 »

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 02:14:30 PM »
There are things I just don't think about.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 03:35:25 PM »
You know its the little things that makes you appreciate this series, Polka Will Never Die as pwned, Santa Claus being the All Father, Lea predicting Susan's death, the Erlking's mortal connection being the FBI, known for rescuing lost children, etc...
"Spoil-ers..." he said, in the voice of River Song.

Offline jamescagney22

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 04:55:03 PM »
"Spoil-ers..." he said, in the voice of River Song.
I was using the TV Tropes guideline of the most recent books being spoilers unless that is a book reference. I do not think Harry would be a Doctor Who fan but I could see Butters.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 05:15:02 PM »
I was using the TV Tropes guideline of the most recent books being spoilers unless that is a book reference. I do not think Harry would be a Doctor Who fan but I could see Butters.
That's fine in most cases, but we do get people here in the DF Book section that read the first couple and come to express their excitement, and happen upon unexpected spoilers.  Most recent book is usually good for the DF Spoilers section, especially right after a new release. 

Offline jamescagney22

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 11:01:50 PM »
Good point I will avoid that in the future, new at commenting got guidelines for different websites confused, I often post different messages to different people live and learn :) On a different note I would like to see more Doctor Who references Harry seems like a fourth doctor guy.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 11:09:44 PM »
Good point I will avoid that in the future, new at commenting got guidelines for different websites confused, I often post different messages to different people live and learn :) On a different note I would like to see more Doctor Who references Harry seems like a fourth doctor guy.
He'd have to see it somewhere.  Eb doesn't seem like a Whovian, nor does Justin.  He saw some old shows somewhere, though, so he might have seen a bit.  Seems more likely that Butters and Molly would know about it, and he'd feel left out again.

Offline jamescagney22

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 11:14:39 PM »
I was thinking glancing a few episodes have no idea what was happening and be terrified that the Daleks were secretly Ancient Mai robots.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 03:13:32 AM »
I was thinking glancing a few episodes have no idea what was happening and be terrified that the Daleks were secretly Ancient Mai robots.
That reminds me of the comic strip...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Orion Ultor

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2017, 03:22:49 AM »
That reminds me of the comic strip...
(click to show/hide)
Gerk!?

…are there anymore like this?

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2017, 03:50:20 AM »
Gerk!?

…are there anymore like this?
I published 77 strips before the comic site broke my account.  They were posted in the "I made an art" section of this site, but the links just broke this week because of Photobucket's new policies.  I'm going to get them reposted soon.  I just redid these tonight.