Author Topic: Mac  (Read 7879 times)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: Mac
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 08:14:24 PM »
I don't think Kincaid was lying.  I think he thinks he's just as human as Harry, who isn't entirely human.  Compared to vanilla humans, Harry is a demigod.  He'll live for centuries, his injuries heal much better than normal for humans, and he has access to power that lets him manipulate reality around him to certain degrees.

By comparison, we know that Kincaid has lived for centuries, has somehow survived the things he's faced in that time, and has senses (and potentially abilities and skillsets) beyond human levels.  He could quite possibly be more human than Harry in some ways.

Now, as to the source of Kincaid's longevity and senses, I'm not sure.  I don't think we know enough about the nature of Changelings/Scions/Nephilim to know what physically and spiritually happens to them if the choose mortality.  Are Kincaid's genetics superior to a normal human's because of his parentage?  And if so, is his physical body left as-is if he decides to remain mortal?  Maybe, maybe not.

Personally, I figure wizards are descendants of scions that chose mortality, but got to keep a small measure of power or ability.  Kincaid might be the same, but from a different branch in the sire-tree.

Which would make him just as human as Harry. 

Well, we know Fae changelings arent supposed to retain any of their fae Power, that's rather the whole point.  It's always possible that Kincaid found some sort of Haf-Choice where he retains Power AND Mortality, but that that point hes some sort of Special Case like Sarissa or Goodman and not really useful for comparison. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 10:35:30 PM »
Well, we know Fae changelings arent supposed to retain any of their fae Power, that's rather the whole point.  It's always possible that Kincaid found some sort of Haf-Choice where he retains Power AND Mortality, but that that point hes some sort of Special Case like Sarissa or Goodman and not really useful for comparison.
I doubt he's Fae, or anything even Fae adjacent, based on the aura Harry saw.  Since there are rules that apply to them but not to other creatures (iron, lies) I'm not going to assume they all have the same rules about the choices.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 12:27:43 PM »
I doubt he's Fae, or anything even Fae adjacent, based on the aura Harry saw.  Since there are rules that apply to them but not to other creatures (iron, lies) I'm not going to assume they all have the same rules about the choices.
We dont have to assume, the WOJ we have on Choices was specifically in reference to Kincaid. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 02:00:02 PM »
Didn't Harry see him with his sight?  Wasn't it a Hellboy like sight?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 02:36:52 PM »
We dont have to assume, the WOJ we have on Choices was specifically in reference to Kincaid.
All it says is that he made a choice.  Not what choice he made, or the conditions of the options.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 05:59:01 PM »
Didn't Harry see him with his sight?  Wasn't it a Hellboy like sight?
demony yes, but we cant read much into that since Murphy is as much an Angel. 

All it says is that he made a choice.  Not what choice he made, or the conditions of the options.
My mistake, I though the WOJ is where it was stated he was something else, but I was definitely wrong on that.  Might have actually been in BR, from McCoy (which a less reliable source for sure)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2017, 03:44:45 PM »
Wouldn't be funny if it turned out that Mac was Goodman Grey's father?  He just chose not to be a bad Nagloshii, and likes beer.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2017, 04:06:55 PM »
Wouldn't be funny if it turned out that Mac was Goodman Grey's father?  He just chose not to be a bad Nagloshii, and likes beer.
I still feel like his background is going to connect to Vadderung in some specific way. Which is not to say that it would have to be Norse, just that whomever we are calling Vadderung these days would be a Named Character in Grey's Origin Story.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/