Author Topic: Are the Mothers immune to iron?  (Read 15598 times)

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
Re: Are the Mothers immune to iron?
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2017, 12:06:55 AM »
I dont recall hearing that theory before, but you know I think I really like it!  Id been associated the metal teeth with her identity as Baba Yaga, who is also known as Old Iron Teeth, but I never had an explanation for the others

One looked simple enough, all white and even.   Death?

The next was rotted-looking, with chipped incisors and a broken molar.   Famine?

The next set had all pointed teeth, stained with bits of rusty brown and what looked like rotten bits of flesh stuck between them.   Pestilence?

The last was made out of some kind of silvery metal, shining like a sword.  War?
I think.. The clean ones are famine, cause they've never been used, The decayed ones pestilence/disease, the Fleshy ones are actually death which i'll get back to, and the last is of course war.
Why is death the flesh ridden ones though? Because death consumes, as Baba Yaga, She's known for eating things she catches. Those iron ones Might be hers as death incarnate but not necessarily as the Horseman's death.(I actually think she's best described as the Apocalypse or the End, which *cough* death follows after..)
This actually ties to a whole host of other theories I have... because of course I think it's all connected. But ye gads... if you wanna hear that one let me know cause i'm seeing three way different topical paragraphs swimming around on that one...

Ah, I get it you are talking about the Loom and Spinning wheel mentioned in the corner of the Cottage in SK.  We've only had the two visits to the Cottage and the majority of the miscellany of the place was not described in the second visit.  But given that the second visit /did/ serve to confirm that the Mothers are in fact also the Morai (or part of them) which directly ties them to said Loom and Spinning wheel, I wouldnt go so far as to call it regret on Jims part or a reversal.  Just lean scene description?
...Make that 4 lol. Well see I think the things shown in the cottage are things intentionally taken out of play.(five dammit!) Out of the balance as they have no place in it. The loom belongs to the middle one, which is 'missing', but whose aspects can readily be found in the balance of the fairy courts themselves. I think the objects represent mantles of authority sans the identity attached. All those roles represent things that make choices for mortals, by killing them and dictating the end, or simply weaving their lives as you see fit. So we have The Clotho the spinner of life and Atropos, the cutter with those Shears(Mentioned in a woj about why all obey the mothers) which Harry names MW directly. But Lachesis, the chooser, the 'dispenser' of fate isn't around, and that's the Loom she would weave from.
So the Sidhe got, 'keepers of the balance' and Mab got 'Judgement' aspects but not the 'choosers of fate' one.

*List them paragraph's real quick Courts, walkers, knights, table, magic, aura's... damn.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2017, 03:57:17 PM »
Huh?  I see the loom connection, with her being one of the fates that operates it, but the Horsemen?  And what are you saying was rushed in (or out of) SK?

Here's Elegast's theory on that, which is slightly more nuanced than "the four Horsemen":

Oh, I think I've solved the four sets of teeth problem:
Quote from: Summer Knight
The place was all one room. The floor was wooden, though the boards looked weathe Red and dry. Shelves stood against the stone walls. A loom rested in the far corner, near the fireplace, a spinning wheel beside it. Before the fireplace sat a rocking chair, occupied, squeaking as it moved. A figure sat in it, shrouded in a shawl, a hood, as though someone had animated a bundle of blankets and cloth. On the hearth above the fireplace sat several sets of teeth, more or less human-sized. One looked simple enough, all white and even. The next was rotted-looking, with chipped incisors and a broken molar. The next set had all pointed teeth, stained with bits of rusty brown and what looked like rotten bits of flesh stuck between them. The last was made out of some kind of silvery metal, shining like a sword.
Quote from: Revelation 6:7-8˄ NIV
When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come and see!" I looked and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine, and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

• iron teeth = sword
  • rotted-looking = plague
  • pointed teeth = wild beast
  • simple enough, all white and even = famine

EDIT: those four are NOT the four riders, but the four ways Death can kill during the apocalypse according to the Bible.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2017, 06:52:15 PM »
Here's Elegast's theory on that, which is slightly more nuanced than "the four Horsemen":

• iron teeth = sword
  • rotted-looking = plague
  • pointed teeth = wild beast
  • simple enough, all white and even = famine

EDIT: those four are NOT the four riders, but the four ways Death can kill during the apocalypse according to the Bible.
Course mine is far more 'nuanced'... With more overlap from, well, pretty much everything. Walkers 'riding' hosts to be horsemen.(connect again to he angelic possibilities in outsiders with EG calling Magog's host his 'beast of burden'. What do you do with such things? Ride them. Death who follows after in the actual verse is highly comparable to he who walks behind with the other three those who 'walk before'. Which, as soon as we meet the next walker should put 'inside' or 'beside' to rest and allow this theory some actual credence.
Heck even the bible quote there is evidence when you compare it to say, Denton's soul gaze of Harry. He saw hell following after, Harry as death. Which is an associative connection through a bigger part of this.

*and yes, I found the inclusion of the word nuance to be a slight toward the theory I was presenting ;'( I'll give you a theory in private that'll knock your socks off cause you'll already know it's valid from your insider info so :p
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 07:36:36 PM by jonas »
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.