Author Topic: Weapons that can kill Immortals?  (Read 23329 times)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: Weapons that can kill Immortals?
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2017, 06:01:09 PM »
Hecatoncheires
Ooh, good call.  Or to expand that category a bit, really anything you could describe as a "Kaiju". 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2017, 06:24:45 PM »
Ah yes, and then the Council conjures up its bigger bad from the new HQ at CERN :p

Though that one is 27 km in circumference, which may be excessive even for the biggest and baddest of the NN  8)

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2017, 06:22:53 PM »
Ah yes, and then the Council conjures up its bigger bad from the new HQ at CERN :p

Though that one is 27 km in circumference, which may be excessive even for the biggest and baddest of the NN  8)
27km...3^3 km.  Im sure that can be useful in a ritual sense at least.  It straddles a border of two nations too, which might help with penetrating gatewayes. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2017, 05:43:32 PM »
I think at that point it would be easier to keep her alive but trapped, rather than repeatedly tracking down her corpse/energies that might reform almost anywhere in the mortal world or the NN (assuming it can start running after it realizes you are hunting it).It was "second or third Merlin of the White Council" so Id assume s/he died over the years (half-death retirements cannot be the norm, right?).   

Fermilab.   Just outside of Chicago, a 3.9 mile PERFECT CIRCLE OF AWESOME SCIENTIFIC MIGHT!!! (muahahah)

There has to be a use for this, no?

That would make for an interesting (summoning)circle if anyone could imagine it. However, I think the delicate electronical components in it though would not respond well to any magic that used it.

/Ulfgeir

It MIGHT contain the ego of Rameriez.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2017, 05:56:07 PM »
That would make for an interesting (summoning)circle if anyone could imagine it. However, I think the delicate electronical components in it though would not respond well to any magic that used it.

/Ulfgeir

It MIGHT contain the ego of Rameriez.

I doubt he has much of an ego after recent events.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2017, 06:08:52 PM »
I doubt he has much of an ego after recent events.

And besides, is it really ego if he's actually that good?

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2017, 06:23:49 PM »
And besides, is it really ego if he's actually that good?

I didn't see anything that really suggested he had much of an ego to begin with.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2017, 06:32:36 PM »
I didn't see anything that really suggested he had much of an ego to begin with.
I think he very much worked to portray the appearance of a massive Ego, but I dont think there was much substance behind it.  Probably the easiest way to get along with the rest of a military force that is mostly made of folks with more history than some countries. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2017, 07:21:01 PM »
It would be kind of fun to see a Loup-Garou trapped in a circle that large.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2017, 07:42:12 PM »
It would be kind of fun to see a Loup-Garou trapped in a circle that large.
Would it even notice?  It could wander around all night in that thing and potentially never realize it's contained.  Especially if there are sources of meat inside. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2017, 07:46:19 PM »
Would it even notice?  It could wander around all night in that thing and potentially never realize it's contained.  Especially if there are sources of meat inside. 

Seems like a good idea to me. We should do all we can to simulate the natural habitat of these creatures when constructing their enclosures.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2017, 07:47:58 PM »
Seems like a good idea to me. We should do all we can to simulate the natural habitat of these creatures when constructing their enclosures.
Hah, touche
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2017, 07:54:49 PM »
Heck, we should take it further. Capture a wide variety of these rare and exotic Supernatural Creatures and hold them in similar enclosures. Make it some sort of theme park. It's a perfect plan.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2017, 08:03:53 PM »
I think something being trapped in too small of circle would be awesome!

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2017, 05:46:22 PM »
Back to the OP ....

We have an example of another weapon killing an immortal.

Morgan took one out using a Nuclear explosion when he lured a Nagloshii to the test ground during the testing back in the 1940s