Author Topic: Dresden Files Accelerated Hellfire  (Read 1905 times)

Offline Howl

• Posty McPostington
  • Suit Up!
    • View Profile
Dresden Files Accelerated Hellfire
« on: May 17, 2017, 04:20:27 PM »
I have a question for the community- I am running a DF Accelerated campaign and I was wondering how would you model Hellfire with the new rules? Soulfire is described and I like the description but I kinda feel that Hellfire should be different. Boosting evocation magic and spells that harm others but at a cost!?

Any ideas? =)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 04:23:14 PM by Howl »
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

Offline jait

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden Files Accelerated Hellfire
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 09:36:37 PM »
The reference for Soulfire is listed under Harry Dresden's character sheet.  I think the rules for Indebting oneself (Pp 117) provide an appropriate framework for what it costs.  I'd suggest that Hellfire acts pretty much the same way that Soulfire does,  but rather than marking off the character's Doomed condition, the player mark off boxes on the Indebted Condition instead.    This will force the character to start committing possibly-deplorable acts in an effort to get rid of the debt... slowly forcing the character down a path of increased destructiveness.    This would probably require the introduction of a NPC who can act as the power-broker for the Hellfire.

The Paranet Papers expanded on the sponsorship contract to allow patron-sponsored power to affect more than just straight attacks...   Might be worth exploring for this, too...

--
DV v1.2 jait YR9 FR3(1) BK+ RP++++ JB- TH++ WG+ CL--- SW? BC+ MC+++++ SH(Sarissa+, Murphy++)

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden Files Accelerated Hellfire
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 08:48:11 PM »
I think I'd model Hellfire on the mechanics of Lawbreaker:  it comes most-easily when the caster is angry (virtually always when enraged) and using it tends to cause one to get angrier, easier...