Author Topic: The 2015 April Fool's joke on this site is starting to look like not a joke :/  (Read 20080 times)

Offline jimbutcher

• Friendly Neighborhood Writer-Man
  • Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Huh, did'nt know he is divorced...

It's not the kind of thing you're eager to talk about.

Offline Firnatine34

• Participant
    • View Profile
Jeezum...uh...Welcome back, Jim.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Jeezum...uh...Welcome back, Jim.
Or was he always here... watching...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 10:25:52 PM by Griffyn612 »

Offline Firnatine34

• Participant
    • View Profile
Don't do that. We don't need MORE conspiracies here.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Don't do that. We don't need MORE conspiracies here.
This site is 30% theory, 30% conspiracy, 30% conspiracy theory, 30% theory conspiracy, and 20% bad at math.  One more isn't going to break--

Offline jamescagney22

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile

I know right just the other day my mother told me my father left his wife for her when she had me and that they got divorced two weeks after I was born. That explained twenty years of forced smiles by my half-brothers mother and the polite hatred directed towards my family by the baptists :-\

This site is 30% theory, 30% conspiracy, 30% conspiracy theory, 30% theory conspiracy, and 20% bad at math.  One more isn't going to break--

Don't forget sixty percent Outsider possessed Russian spammers :)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Or was he always here... watching...

Good one with Odin giving Loki the knowing look.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Good one with Odin giving Loki the knowing look.

Offline fenngibbon

• Lurker
    • View Profile
I know life gets in the way, but I can't imagine I'm the only one experiencing this so I thought I should share:

This is the first time in a while I've checked to see when the new book is coming, and it occurred to me that the times I've checked have been getting increasingly more widely spaced.

Someone else said they'd gotten Zen about it, and maybe that's what's happened to me, but I'm wondering if it's because I'm increasing indifferent, which is a shame, given that I used to be so eager to read them that I switched to the hardcovers because I wasn't willing to wait for the paperbacks (and, cost aside, the fact that I'm usually OCD about how books in a series should visually align on my bookshelf, that's saying something).

Offline Tritium

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Alas, Jim did finish a book, just not Peace Talks... yet.  I would be surprised if we didn't have a tentative release date before the new year.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
I still have hope about PT but my wife thinks it is more of a delusion on my part.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline sisk

• Lurker
    • View Profile

I second that. Divorce is the most hellish thing I've ever gone through.

Do what you need to for you Mr. Butcher. Whenever Peace Talks becomes available I'll pre-order it. In the meantime, at least we've got some short stories coming out to get our Dresden fix.

Offline Quazar

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Oh crap, I had no idea that Jim and Shannon got divorced. How awful. My deepest condolences.

And now I see that Jim is with Kitty Krell. That's cool. I guess I've been way out of the loop for quite awhile.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 03:57:47 PM by Quazar »

Offline DonBugen

• Conversationalist
  • All hours are midnight now.
    • View Profile
My running theory was that Harry Dresden had somehow fallen through a rift in space-time and encountered Jim, just like Roland of Gilead did with Stephen King.  Only instead of encouraging Jim to write more, Dresden’s been doing everything he can do to stop him.  The Laws of Nature between creator and creation stop Harry from actually hurting Jim, but Harry is Harry.  The poor man’s probably been through several dozen laptops, desktops, and game consoles just due to wizard interference – and when he does get a chance to write, shivering with cold and using pen and paper by candlelight, Harry is always there, slowly and methodically reciting the entire script of A New Hope. 

Over. 

And over. 

And over.

On a serious note:  Jim, if you read this (because wow, he actually goes on this forum!) take all the time you need.  I’ll be there whenever it comes out.  If every book in the future takes a bit longer, no problem at all.  I love your work and am thrilled with everything we’ve received thus far.

And though I may be murdered by all of the fans who are currently dying for Peace Talks, I will just throw out that if you feel like you really need to write the The Olympian Affair now to make you happy, I am 100% down for that.  We all need a little bit more Rowl in our lives.

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
And though I may be murdered by all of the fans who are currently dying for Peace Talks, I will just throw out that if you feel like you really need to write the The Olympian Affair now to make you happy, I am 100% down for that.  We all need a little bit more Rowl in our lives.

Fah!  Aeronaut's Windlass was awesome, I can't wait for Olympian Affair any more than I can wait for Peace Talks.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.