Author Topic: Dresden File RPG vs Dresden Files RPG Accelerated  (Read 6640 times)

Offline jeditigger

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden File RPG vs Dresden Files RPG Accelerated
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 08:37:18 PM »
DFRPG had the conceit that Will was working on an RPG, with margin notes from Harry, Bob, Butters, and Karin.  The marginalia was extremely entertaining.

DFA has the conceit that Ivy is preparing this as a report for a client.  The marginalia is between Ivy and Kincaid.  It's even *funnier.*  See if you can guess who the report is for.

There don't seem to be as many jokes in the index, though.  I suppose that to be expected from the Archive.

We have a few jokes in the index. If we hadn't been so darned tired I would have probably thought of more. :) Most of them were courtesy of darling Amanda, our lead editor.  Thank you for the compliment, though. We tried to have it entertaining!

Re: game mechanics, Razgrizi, Lenny is the expert, but I can tell you that stress works fundamentally the same. :)
@jeditigger on Twitter
Quote from: Spot
BatPooh! You shall be known as BatPooh now. Yup.

Offline JesterOC

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden File RPG vs Dresden Files RPG Accelerated
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2017, 10:14:09 PM »
In DFA, you have 6 stress boxes and, like before, if you take a 4 stress hit, if you dont absorb it, you fill in the first four boxes leaving you two left. Is that correct?

I don't quite remember exactly how DFrpg worked, but DFA is pretty simple to explain so I will do that.
Yes you have 6 stress. You also have the conditions In Peril and Doomed. if you are attacked you can opt to use check one to remove damage. In Peril removes 4 shifts of damage, Doomed removes 6 shifts. One you check them off you have take an aspect that describes the wound you have taken, then there are rules on how to remove that aspect and uncheck the box.