Author Topic: traitor's identity?  (Read 5983 times)

Offline marc baggins

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
traitor's identity?
« on: February 03, 2016, 07:22:06 AM »
There was a minor plot point about the Spirearch suspecting that there was a traitor in his guard - which is why they had to tiptoe around in Habble Landing, or at least as close as Gwen gets to tiptoeing, LOL - but TAW never revealed just who the traitor was.  I can't help that it will become a major plot point in future CS novels, Jim just loves to load whole arsenals full of Chekhov's guns, but the sixty-four million dollar question is who?  My money is on Reggie Astor - again Jim just loves him some Chekhov's guns, and I get a very Kalarus Brencis Minoris feel off of the sleazy little punk.

Who do you think the traitor might be folks?

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
Re: traitor's identity?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 03:19:04 PM »
For all the information we have now, I don't think there has to be a traitor outside of Cavendish.  We don't really know enough Guards apart from the main characters to make a good guess if there is another traitor.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline Moglorosh

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 05:52:17 PM »
Benedict would be too obvious an answer... unless thats what Jim wants us to think.

Seriously though, naming him Benedict and then having the spirearch handwave it and just say "It isn't you" without any reason kinda puts him pretty up there on the suspect list to me.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 08:42:42 PM »
I had not thought on his name but I did find suspicious that Benedict was the only main character without a pov episode.

I think the most obvious one is Bayard, but as I liked it, I really hope he is not the traitor. I am thinking in the first officer of the Predator (I already said it, but the thread has gone long ago)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline MAW

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 02:47:52 AM »
I suspected the little snot that was going to be humiliated in the aborted duel when things got interesting; and his entire family.  But that didn't seem to go anywhere....yet!
"Also, I can kill you with my brain."  -- River Tam; Firefly.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 03:42:39 AM »
btw, I really, really, wanted to see that duel, It was frustrating when it did´happen
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Gman

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 08:17:39 AM »
There was a minor plot point about the Spirearch suspecting that there was a traitor in his guard - which is why they had to tiptoe around in Habble Landing, or at least as close as Gwen gets to tiptoeing, LOL - but TAW never revealed just who the traitor was.  I can't help that it will become a major plot point in future CS novels, Jim just loves to load whole arsenals full of Chekhov's guns, but the sixty-four million dollar question is who?  My money is on Reggie Astor - again Jim just loves him some Chekhov's guns, and I get a very Kalarus Brencis Minoris feel off of the sleazy little punk.

Who do you think the traitor might be folks?

It could be Reggie or more likely the head of House Astor and Reggie is in training to be future traitor. Sort of like Lucius and Draco Malfoy from the Harry Potter series.

Offline Gman

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 08:19:23 AM »
btw, I really, really, wanted to see that duel, It was frustrating when it did´happen

The dual may take place in book 2. Bridget did some leveling up with all those battles. She is a lot more formidable now. Looking forward to it.

Offline nedserD C B yrraH

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2016, 12:54:20 AM »
I know it seems a little too obvious for many but I think Commodore Rook is the traitor. When Rook tries to buy Preddy, he mentions how his House has wide vision. Grimm takes this to mean that Rook will fight dirty for the ship but Grimm is attacked by silk-weavers immediately after, implying collusion with the Cavendish before  Grimm was working for the Spirearch. It would have killed Bayard and Grimm, the only witnesses left to Rooks initial betrayal on the Perilous all those years ago. The rat-like cunning Gwen mentions seems on target, too. I think he had Creedy habbled to spy on Grimm. However I believe that Creedy wants out from under Rook's thumb.

And I am very excited about that duel. I has been formally given, accepted and started. Now to see it finished.
I'm not a Fanboy, I just Squee a lot.

DV Geek Code v1.2 YR9 FR1 BK++ RP JB++ TH ++ WG+ CL+ SW+(B,T,JM) BC+ MC +++(--) SH (Mu++Mo++El+)

Your total Dresden Files purity rating is 53.1%

All scores:
Supernatural Power:75.7%
Social Skills:45.5%
Armed Combat:6.1%
Unarmed Combat:41.8

Offline Gman

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 11:23:08 PM »
I know it seems a little too obvious for many but I think Commodore Rook is the traitor. When Rook tries to buy Preddy, he mentions how his House has wide vision. Grimm takes this to mean that Rook will fight dirty for the ship but Grimm is attacked by silk-weavers immediately after, implying collusion with the Cavendish before  Grimm was working for the Spirearch. It would have killed Bayard and Grimm, the only witnesses left to Rooks initial betrayal on the Perilous all those years ago. The rat-like cunning Gwen mentions seems on target, too. I think he had Creedy habbled to spy on Grimm. However I believe that Creedy wants out from under Rook's thumb.

And I am very excited about that duel. I has been formally given, accepted and started. Now to see it finished.

Rook could be the traitor, or more likely the useful idiot helping the enemy without knowing who he is really helping.

Offline nedserD C B yrraH

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 11:50:31 PM »
He does certainly seem to be a tool. ;)
I'm not a Fanboy, I just Squee a lot.

DV Geek Code v1.2 YR9 FR1 BK++ RP JB++ TH ++ WG+ CL+ SW+(B,T,JM) BC+ MC +++(--) SH (Mu++Mo++El+)

Your total Dresden Files purity rating is 53.1%

All scores:
Supernatural Power:75.7%
Social Skills:45.5%
Armed Combat:6.1%
Unarmed Combat:41.8