Author Topic: What is your best advice for a Fan to Author panel?  (Read 3802 times)

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
What is your best advice for a Fan to Author panel?
« on: February 01, 2016, 09:29:14 PM »
Yes, I've been asked to be on a panel with the above discussion at left Coast Crime (mystery/thriller fan con) in Phoenix this Feb, and that is the topic.  http://leftcoastcrime2016.com/

What advice would you give? What advice would you find helpful?

Any and all would be appreciated!

Meg
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
Re: What is your best advice for a Fan to Author panel?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 07:13:07 AM »
Are you going as a fan on the panel or an author on the panel?  I guess I'm not too sure how it works.

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

Offline KevinEvans

• Conversationalist
  • The Butterfly did it, Alt History
    • View Profile
    • My personal Author page
Re: What is your best advice for a Fan to Author panel?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 09:06:10 PM »
Be presentable, make your answers short but complete, and don't let yourself monopolize the time.

With luck you will have a good moderator, that will keep the panel moving and the fans interested.

Lastly if you have a book to promote, be positive and brief, having a card with a link to you site helps also.

Regards,
Kevin

Are Tech articles written for a nonexistent town in an alternate universe, Fiction?