Author Topic: Strange goings-on at the Circle K...  (Read 11355 times)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
Strange goings-on at the Circle K...
« on: October 16, 2007, 03:59:34 PM »
For quite a while today, I wasn't able to access the forums list, just my Recent Unread Topics and Unread Subjects. I didn't get a specific error, just "Please contact the forum administrator if this error occurs again."

Is this fixed now? I assume so, since I was able to backdoor my way into the list.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Strange goings-on at the Circle K...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 04:08:22 PM »
Yep.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline fivestyle

• Posty McPostington
  • I like Coke and cold showers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 04:31:32 PM »
Just wanted to say I love the Bill and Teds reference...brings back great memories

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 06:11:45 PM »
Fred is a forum-administrating ROCK STAR.  Thanks for getting us back online so quickly!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 06:44:06 PM »
Most un-bogus.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 07:32:05 PM »
Totally excellent, dude.

Offline Lord Nedd

• Posty McPostington
  • JB says "Beware the Mind Control Lasers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 08:27:19 PM »
I am still having oddness going on when I try and post.  I get the post done and sent, but then the window fails to reload afterward.  When I hit refresh, it seems to think that i am trying to start a new thread and give me a warning.

Whoa.

-LN
Cerebrum! Ceterus niveus caro!
-words to live by for the Erudite Zombie.

Offline NightProtector

• Conversationalist
  • NNDNN
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 05:18:45 PM »
Me too dude.  Totally not excellent.

...and your mom is hot.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Dr. Seuss
US author & illustrator (1904 - 1991)

Offline The Dread Pharaoh Roberts

• Posty McPostington
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Family friendly tees, mugs, posters, etc...
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 02:44:13 PM »
Had a weird issue last night (late, late last night, because I'm an insomniac...like around midnight Central) where I logged in, but every time I tried to go to one of the sub-forums (like McAnally's or Media Favorites, for example) it would log me out.  Dunno if this happened to anyone else, but I'm glad to see it's fixed now.

And...

WYLD STALYNS RULE!!!
Your Pharaoh Has Spoken...

Online portfolio: http://samurphy0320.deviantart.com/

Offline JRBobC

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 07:47:21 PM »
Okay, this was just effing weird.  I have it set up so I am automatically logged in when I visit the forums, but when I came at the top of  the page where it says "Hello [insert username here]" instead of my screen name JRBobC, it was ToddM326.  WTF?  Though when I refreshed it went back to my name and all, but still weird.
Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, PATIENCE IS A F***ING VIRTUE.  There, now I might be able to follow it.

Regarding Cover art: "You have no control. If you’re really lucky you get an art director who will let you use Vaseline when he bends you over." -Glen Cook

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 07:58:00 PM »
Okay, this was just effing weird.  I have it set up so I am automatically logged in when I visit the forums, but when I came at the top of  the page where it says "Hello [insert username here]" instead of my screen name JRBobC, it was ToddM326.  WTF?  Though when I refreshed it went back to my name and all, but still weird.

Hm, I know what's doing that.  Looks like I'm going to have to turn off that config setting.

Pity, though -- the caching behavior there could be a boon.  Maybe I'll have to look into moving the forums to a different server/account to isolate them from the computational expensiveness of it all -- or just decide to suck it up.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 08:00:59 PM by iago »
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.

ToddM326

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 11:58:05 PM »
Hm, I know what's doing that.  Looks like I'm going to have to turn off that config setting.

Pity, though -- the caching behavior there could be a boon.  Maybe I'll have to look into moving the forums to a different server/account to isolate them from the computational expensiveness of it all -- or just decide to suck it up.

Should I be worried that my account is showing up for other people?

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 12:08:51 AM »
Should I be worried that my account is showing up for other people?

It just means that while the cache was running your page's text got shown to him because he hit the site fewer than ten seconds after you did.

It's not happening any more.
Fred Hicks

Offline JRBobC

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 12:21:23 AM »
It just means that while the cache was running your page's text got shown to him because he hit the site fewer than ten seconds after you did.

It's not happening any more.

Oh, thats what happened.  See not knowing that I thought it was a bit weird.  At first I nearly hyperventilated thinking someone had hacked my account.  Dunno why.  But it sounds like it was just a one in a thousand crazy ass chance sort of thing. 
Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, PATIENCE IS A F***ING VIRTUE.  There, now I might be able to follow it.

Regarding Cover art: "You have no control. If you’re really lucky you get an art director who will let you use Vaseline when he bends you over." -Glen Cook