Author Topic: So here's what I played with...  (Read 4544 times)

Offline Shouou

• Participant
    • View Profile
So here's what I played with...
« on: January 19, 2016, 07:10:10 AM »
So awhile back I played my first full blown game of DFRPG. And I made a promise that I would share this when we were done with the game. Well, the GM moved out of town so now's the time I suppose. Let me know of any thing that I might help clarify. Did my best to get everything that I used during the game down. So I came up with:

The Clockwork Court (Updated By Sanctaphrax 01/21/2016)
DropBox Link

Cover Art by http://dawncarmicheal.deviantart.com/
And the photo picture I found on image search boards, if anyone can find me a confirmed source, I'll gladly put it up as well.

Also, for background during the game, I've did a number of fan fiction things found here:

http://shouou.deviantart.com/gallery/55576660/Dresden-Files-Shorts

I plan on finishing it up, but I'm not sure when I will.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 09:42:53 AM by Shouou »
"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done."
- Lois D. Brandeis

Offline RonLugge

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: So here's what I played with...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 07:18:52 AM »
The clockwork court was fun.  I will have to... 'borrow'... them for another game.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 11:30:28 PM »
Very cool!

Mind if I add this to the wiki and the Downloads thread on the Resources board?

Offline Shouou

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 12:47:14 AM »
Thank you, and sure I have no problem with it going to other places. I hope people forgive my grammar and spelling mistakes.
"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done."
- Lois D. Brandeis

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 05:07:20 AM »
I did notice some of those.

Would you like me to do an editing pass?

Offline Shouou

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 05:39:19 AM »
Sure, let me send a link for the original word doc over PM. Oh also thanks for giving it a look over.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 05:48:34 AM by Shouou »
- Lois D. Brandeis

Offline Kennifus Prime

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 01:26:13 PM »
First off, this is really cool. You've created an entire race. Really awesome stuff. I may have to find a way to throw some of this stuff into my campaign one day.

Secondly, out of curiosity how did you make the layout for this document? I love how it looks like the actual DFRPG books.

Thanks for sharing this with all of us!

Offline Shouou

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 03:40:20 PM »
I had help with making it with my GM, he help me figure out the little tweaks needed for the DFRPG, but thank you. In the game I was in, we took it a lot father then what I put in the pdf, but that was all the GM deciding how he wanted to fit this all into his game. But if you ever have a question about it, please do ask. I enjoy creation in DFRPG.

As for how I did the lay out, I used the style tool in Office Word. Found a few pictures for the parchment like background and side bars, and proceeded to edit it with insert box tool with drop shadows to make them look like had been a sticky note or other insert.

And you're welcome. :D
- Lois D. Brandeis

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 07:56:42 AM »
Is it normal for the page to look really messed up when opened in a word processor? Because the thing I'm trying to edit...I have a hard time imagining it turning into a pretty document like this one.

Offline Shouou

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 09:44:14 AM »
I don't think so, I know I have to use Mircosoft Word 2013 to open the file. As when I tried to use something like Open office, it looked very bad. I might be able to save it to a different format if you like. But it should be WYSIWYG.
- Lois D. Brandeis

Offline Lawgiver

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 07:29:43 PM »
The Clockwork Court
http://fav.me/d9oig3z

I post only at work... on a govt. computer... which has all sorts of filters and blocking software on it.

The link you post is "blocked" by our network server.  Is there an alternate link I could use to look a this?

ty
"Sufficiently advanced technology," my ass.

Offline Shouou

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 01:09:10 AM »
Not sure what site to use as an alternate would be for you, as I'm aware of how restricted those things are. If you can wait, Sanctaphrax stated that a copy would go up on the wiki if you can access that.
- Lois D. Brandeis

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 01:28:50 AM »
Still doesn't look good, but I can work with this. I'll make some edits and send it back to you tonight.

Offline Shouou

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 03:10:10 AM »
Sounds fine, I should be able to fix any layout issues. Thanks again.
- Lois D. Brandeis

Offline Shouou

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 02:24:54 PM »
Updated, and restyled to make it look pretty, and did a quick compare and something like 250 changes to my bad grammar, spelling, or plain bad english. Thanks again Sanctaphrax.
- Lois D. Brandeis