Author Topic: Stunt Ideas: "On Your Feet, Soldier!" and "Second Wind"  (Read 4195 times)

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
Re: Stunt Ideas: "On Your Feet, Soldier!" and "Second Wind"
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 06:42:37 PM »
The big drawback to a stunt that only works on take outs is that it only works on take outs.  What I mean by that is, unless you make a habit of fighting with weaker allied NPCs, I don't see it coming up often.  It's probably a refresh better spent elsewhere. 

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 08:47:39 PM »
I personally think that there's already enough stunts to buff PCs without having to add to the list, in my opinion.

To quote Your Story, page 149: "this is absolutely not intended to be a comprehensive list. When you don't find something here that suits you, use the guidelines above (page 147) to grow your own."

It really makes the game worse, in my opinion, if you don't. Stunts from the example list often don't quite fit the characters they're put on, and there's a lot of stuff they don't cover at all.

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2016, 06:56:29 AM »
To quote Your Story, page 149: "this is absolutely not intended to be a comprehensive list. When you don't find something here that suits you, use the guidelines above (page 147) to grow your own."

It really makes the game worse, in my opinion, if you don't. Stunts from the example list often don't quite fit the characters they're put on, and there's a lot of stuff they don't cover at all.
Allow me to clairfy.  I'm actually referring to the dozens of stunts available on the DFRPG resource page.  It was not my intention to suggest that only the stunts from the rule-books be used or applied, nor would I ever suggest that customized stunts be disallowed from the game.  I hope this clears up any misunderstanding. ;D

« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 06:59:02 AM by blackstaff67 »
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 03:13:43 AM »
That's certainly more workable because it gives a lot more choice, but I'd hate to think that us coming up with all those Stunts denied other people the chance to do the same.

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2016, 04:22:38 PM »
Because I've just gotten it, I thought I'd suggest this here as well.

Venture City (Part of the Fate More Kickstarter, see the appropriate thread) has a few interesting ways to clear stress. For example as part of "Special Effects". In Fate Core, there is an outcome called "Success with Style". It happens when you succeed with 3 or more shifts over your target. In Venture City, when that happens, you can activate one of your Superpowers special effects. Among those is "clear your physical stress track".

There's also a direct healing power as well. I would probably not want to use that in a Dresden Setting, but YMMV.
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal