Author Topic: A few random thoughts about a chapter  (Read 5068 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
A few random thoughts about a chapter
« on: December 02, 2015, 01:16:26 AM »
The chapter where Grimm meets the aetherealists. I've been rereading and I thought a few things
Folly says "He's not mad. Except that he is. And I should know" Could she be referring to the name that Bayard uses for Grimm, "Mad" (for Madison).

Do you really have peppermint candy red and white? Ours are green or green and white, which makes me think again how surprising is that even minor cultural details remain from our world to the Spire World.

Finally, Ferus mentions Grimm knows "one of" Folly's names. Do you think we will know more of her names?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
Re: A few random thoughts about a chapter
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 01:27:36 AM »
Do you really have peppermint candy red and white? Ours are green or green and white, which makes me think again how surprising is that even minor cultural details remain from our world to the Spire World.
Typically in the US, peppermints are red and white.  You can sometimes find green and white ones, though.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline Brightbane

• Conversationalist
  • Totally obscene.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 06:11:05 AM »
Typically in the US, peppermints are red and white.  You can sometimes find green and white ones, though.
Peppermint is red and white, spearmint is green and white
Bob started tittering. "Look out! Look out for that vicious mega-squirrel, boss!" He said, hardly able to speak clearly. "My gosh! that ficus is about to molest you!"

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 06:17:28 AM »
Interesting, thank you!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 10:35:04 PM »
I totally see Grimm becoming an etherialists, his ship acting as his personal crystal and it filling the gaps that open in him.
k moinuddin

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 10:40:42 PM »
Peppermint is red and white, spearmint is green and white
I prefer the red, green, and white :P
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 05:14:56 AM »
Could they see some of his future? That his link to his ship has awakened potential to become something more.
k moinuddin