Author Topic: Sponsors and debt  (Read 3990 times)

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
Re: Sponsors and debt
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 02:03:46 PM »
As a friend pointed out to me, harry keeps his 'Tempted by Power' trouble through the entire series for a reason.  That's the aspect that ties into his Hellfire.  He's tempted by it's power -- yes, he's trying to do the wrong thing, but tapping into hellfire is still a bad idea.

It's a pretty weak aspect to represent it, but that also touched on his 'accidental' and 'involuntary' access to it.  If he'd used it enough / willingly enough, eventually he may have been forced to change another aspect to represent it.

Yes, I agree.

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Sponsors and debt
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 06:26:27 PM »
Okay, PC synopsis briefly restated.  PC Runecaster attempts to steal mead from the gods at Valhalla; said mead is rumored to have magical properties when quaffed by mortals.  PC gets caught in the act, but since the Norse gods approve of courage, let her keep it.  She only drinks half of it and gave the rest to her wounded and comatose brother, lying in a vegetative state in a VA hospital.  The dose she quaffed gave her a one-time upgrade in strength and recovery while the dose she gave her brother brought him out of the coma and set him on the path to recovery.
   The conflict with the gods arises because his wounds were supposed to eventually kill him (granting him a death in battle, technically).  By the gods' reckoning, she stole an einherjar from them.  The agreement with the PC and Freya is that the PC agrees to serve in an informal capacity for as long as her brother remains alive while providing the Norse gods with "plausible deniability".  She can walk away whenever she wants, keeping her powers and all...and then Freya will cheerfully collect him (Compel on Aspect #1 below).
   The jury's still out on whether or not the same dose that gave the PC such powers was exhausted in returning her brother from the dead...or if it endowed him with similar powers as well. 
  The PC does not have Emissary of Power or Marked by Power as these powers imply her working openly for the Aesir and Vanir.  As the dose specified a "one-time" upgrade, any future acquired Refresh points may only be spent on stunts or those powers that pertain to her High Concept upgrading to eventual full-blown Rune casting, Refinement, and eventually The Sight.
Powers:
Ritual (Rune-stones, Sponsored) -2
Inhuman strength -2
Inhuman Speed -2
Supernatural Recovery (Catch: Wooden Weapons--easily discoverable, common) -4 (-1)
plus two stunt purchases (I'm running a power-light game) = -9 Refresh

High Concept: Runecaster for the Paranet/Custodes Secreta/Venatori Umbrorum/Whatever
Trouble: Freya's Favorite Troubleshooter/Freya's Little Bitch/
Aspect #1: My Strength is in my Family?The things I do for my brother
#2: Minnesota DNR Officer
#3: I don't start fights, I finish them/You will not hurt these people
#4: Wendigo walks these hills
#5: From a long line of Runecasters
   This should satisfy all Aspect/Power requirements.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 06:01:41 AM by blackstaff67 »
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.