Author Topic: ARGH!  (Read 5345 times)

Offline WiccanEagle

• Conversationalist
  • Blessed Be
    • View Profile
ARGH!
« on: October 19, 2015, 07:25:59 PM »
Two things:

(1) Darn it! That darn Jim Butcher caught me again! Another series I'm going to have to follow and get involved with. Now I have to wait another (year? 2?) to see what happens next to people I have started to care about! Rowl, what happens to you?  ;D

(2) I waited (patiently, sort of) until after I read the book to ask this. On the cover art, bottom left, there's something sparkly. I can't tell what it is. Anybody know what it is? I've stared and stared, and tried to interpret both before and after reading the whole thing, but I dunno! What's the sparkly thing bottom left?

We won't even get into the hat situation ....
"I don't object to the concept of a diety, but I am baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance." -- Big Bang Theory

Ye GODS! I love that quote!

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: ARGH!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 07:30:40 PM »
I've got the feeling it's some cristal stuff.
(click to show/hide)

And I loved the book too, so yes, I want more!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 11:33:06 PM »
I feel bad, but the only character I care about is Rowl.  Grimm and the others are fine enough, and I might have continued reading the series for them.  But it's all about Rowl.

Offline Howl

• Posty McPostington
  • Suit Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 02:29:21 PM »
I just finished the book 5 minutes ago and I also loved it. And dammit Mr. Butcher, I'm hooked. I got lots of questions and I can't wait to find out more about the world! Great book :D

Does anyone know how many Cinder Spires books there will be?
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 02:42:24 PM »
((((Howl))))
He has a deal for 3 books, that could potentially extend to 6 or 9. So, worst case scenario: 3, best case: 9.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Magnus

• Posty McPostington
  • Secret Vampire of The Chiro Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 04:05:48 PM »
Two things:

(1) Darn it! That darn Jim Butcher caught me again! Another series I'm going to have to follow and get involved with. Now I have to wait another (year? 2?) to see what happens next to people I have started to care about! Rowl, what happens to you?  ;D

(2) I waited (patiently, sort of) until after I read the book to ask this. On the cover art, bottom left, there's something sparkly. I can't tell what it is. Anybody know what it is? I've stared and stared, and tried to interpret both before and after reading the whole thing, but I dunno! What's the sparkly thing bottom left?

We won't even get into the hat situation ....
Actually according to chris mcgrath (the artist of the cover) Grimm is holding his hat in his hand but it's hard to see.
Full assed FTW! :)

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." -Jorge Luis Borges

Offline Howl

• Posty McPostington
  • Suit Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 08:05:05 PM »
((((Howl))))
He has a deal for 3 books, that could potentially extend to 6 or 9. So, worst case scenario: 3, best case: 9.

Hi Dina :-*

That is good news. I like the idea of Jim writing more books, but it also wouldn't be bad if the series was a trilogy. At least that way we would find out the real story sooner.
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 08:13:52 PM »
Yes, i agree with that. I want to know more about the characters!
Missing you, Md 

Offline cptnspldng

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 03:41:33 AM »
Well, I'm 17 chapters in and I'm quite pleased.  I'm getting a feeling much like I had about 50 years ago reading "Glory Road." Treat that not as a comparison between Heinlein and Butcher, but rather as my joy at experiencing a sense of adolescent pleasure at reading a ripping good yarn.

I've a good ways to go yet but I suspect that I'll be enjoying this immensely.
Look, he said to his imagination, if this is how you're going to behave, I shan't bring you again.
(Terry Pratchett, "Going Postal")

What fresh Hell is this?