Author Topic: custom avatars?  (Read 4189 times)

Offline mattig89ch

• Conversationalist
  • Sharp as a Marble! Black as a Marshmallow!
    • View Profile
custom avatars?
« on: September 30, 2015, 12:39:10 AM »
Hidy ho all,

I saw there was a thread called the book of don't.  Which contained rules for posting here.  But I'm about to try and knock out some homework due by midnight, and I didn't have time to sit down and read a short story for the general rules of this forum.

I assume most are pretty standard, and tend to abide by the same rules regardless of the forum I'm on.  But there is one variation on the few I regularly visit.  I can't seem to find a place to add my personally favorite avatar.  Its a picture of colonel Speirs from band of brothers.  I also made a custom sig with a smokey background asking if anyone wanted a cigarette (I misspelled cigarette, but haven't had the time or desire to change it).

But I can't seem to find a place to link or upload my own personal avatar.  Yet I have seen a few others with their own personal avatars.  Do you have to do something special, to earn the right to upload your own avatars?

Its not paranoia, its common sense.

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: custom avatars?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 12:40:55 AM »
You need to have a 100 posts before you can attain the custom avatar, but fear not!  Before you know it?  You will have THOUSANDS of posts!
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 02:00:06 AM »
Some things may be a little old but perhaps you can find something interesting here, besides this particular question that Blaze already answered
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,36876.0.html
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 03:00:43 AM »
Dina is one of the most helpful and informed people on the site!  Trust her!
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 10:57:23 AM »
<3

Edit:  Especially if she gives advice on what not to drink
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 02:43:39 PM »
Ow, you two made me blush  :-[
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)