Author Topic: Audiobook is awesome!  (Read 5041 times)

Offline Stiletto

• Posty McPostington
  • She who must not be named
    • View Profile
Audiobook is awesome!
« on: September 29, 2015, 11:08:45 PM »
I'm not done listening/reading the Cinder Spires yet - I switch back and forth between the ebook and audiobook - but I am loving it so far. Both the novel and the reader are stellar. I was dubious about steampunk, but willing to try anything by JB. And this is great so far. :)

And I know Cinder Spires is the series, not the title... But darned if I can spell the title. ;)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 11:19:08 PM by Stiletto »
DV Stiletto v1.2 YR13 FR5 BK++++ RP+ JB++ TH+ WG  CL++ SW-- BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++ Murphy +)

Offline Maredudd

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • My Website . . . or is that my wife's?
Re: Audiobook is awesome!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 02:14:22 AM »
I concur 200%!! AWESOME!
The question isn't "Can I do this . . . "
The question you should ask is "Should I do this . . . "

Offline KevinSig

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 03:09:53 PM »
I agree.  I'm glad I got it, and it well compliments the text.  The voice acting is perfect, and appropriately British.

Offline 2,176,847

• Participant
  • "Polka will never die!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 09:49:55 PM »
I take it the audio is not done by James Marsters then? (I've always thought of him as inappropriatly British) Anyway I'm glad to hear it's done well. I wasn't a fan of audiobooks until my dad had a "minor" stroke and reading became difficult for him. The process and the art of doing it well is really fascinating stuff.

As a world champion bad speller myself, I was a bit thrown by the title, The Aeronaut's Windlass.

Looking up root words and suffix's helps me a bunch. Aero (denoting air or atmosphere) as in aerospace and Naut (meaning traveler or voyager) as in astronaut. Suddenly The Aeronaut's Windlass is quite lovely. Espacially considering my initial reaction to learning the new books title was, "The huh now".  :)

"I'm no philosopher, Harry, but here's something for you to think about, at least. What goes around comes around. And sometimes you get what comes around. And, sometimes you are what's coming around." -Michael Carpenter

Offline Stiletto

• Posty McPostington
  • She who must not be named
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 03:21:26 AM »
It's a great title - just hard to spell. :). I love audiobooks for my commute. I also listen to favorite scenes from different novels while I go to bed if I have trouble sleeping. Not that they cure insomnia; they just let my mind relax.
DV Stiletto v1.2 YR13 FR5 BK++++ RP+ JB++ TH+ WG  CL++ SW-- BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++ Murphy +)

Offline spiritofair

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 09:03:44 PM »
I'm REALLY enjoying the Audiobook as well.  It's my daily walk listening material.  Makes me want to go on those walks, so I can hear the story.

The reader is GREAT!

Offline Maredudd

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • My Website . . . or is that my wife's?
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 01:05:15 AM »
I liked the audiobook so  much when I finished it I started fro the beginning and ran through it again!

I'm ready for cinder Spires #2! :-)

Or Dresden #16 . . . :-)
The question isn't "Can I do this . . . "
The question you should ask is "Should I do this . . . "