Author Topic: Meridian  (Read 3281 times)

Offline dimumurray

• Participant
    • View Profile
Meridian
« on: September 23, 2015, 02:30:32 PM »
Back in the early 2000's a now defunct comic publisher (CrossGen) released Meridian. It ran for about 4 years and it shares a lot in common with Cinder Spires; floating cities, skyward ships, steampunk aesthetics, house politics and coming of age stories. I was sad to see the story end abruptly when CrossGen folded. But after reading the 4 sample chapters of Cinder Spires I feel like I'm back in that world. Definitely going to pick this up.

Here's a pinup from Meridian. Its kind of how I see the world of Cinder Spires as I read the sample chapters.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 02:49:03 PM by dimumurray »

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: Meridian
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 03:18:38 PM »
Back in the early 2000's a now defunct comic publisher (CrossGen) released Meridian. It ran for about 4 years and it shares a lot in common with Cinder Spires; floating cities, skyward ships, steampunk aesthetics, house politics and coming of age stories. I was sad to see the story end abruptly when CrossGen folded. But after reading the 4 sample chapters of Cinder Spires I feel like I'm back in that world. Definitely going to pick this up.

Here's a pinup from Meridian. Its kind of how I see the world of Cinder Spires as I read the sample chapters.

Man I miss Crossgen, they were going interesting places, especially in the overarching plots of The First, Crux, and Negation.

And I agree, I see this as landing in the realm of a cross between Meridian and Mystic, to use the Crossgen references.   
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain