Author Topic: moon  (Read 5300 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
moon
« on: December 02, 2015, 12:43:00 AM »
Ok, I've been rereading and the chapter where Grimm meets Folly and Master Ferus for the first time is full of interesting things. I'll post a few in a separate thread but this one deserves its own one.

I remember in my first reading to have read that in the TAW world there is a moon. I specially noted it because of course no moon or 2 moons would have indicated there is no chance TAW happens on Earth. But in this chapter, Grimm mentions the mural that seems created by a child. It's all colorful and it has many unknown creatures and a moon too big for the sun. I was thinking. Could it mean that the TAW world is another world, but the aetherealists remember/know about our Earth? Or TAW is Earth so many years in the future than the moon is farther away from Earth? Other options, besides "it is not important, it is just a drawing?". For instance, atmospheric changes making the moon look smaller in the TAW present?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
Re: moon
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 01:29:49 AM »
There's always the Death Star solution.  It isn't actually a moon at all.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 02:02:54 AM »
I actually thought about that too, I was waiting to see if somebody had the same idea. I even wonder if the Archangels are in the moon.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 02:12:28 AM »
I actually thought about that too, I was waiting to see if somebody had the same idea. I even wonder if the Archangels are in the moon.
Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines.  I would even venture that whatever passes for an Archangel in TAW is the "moon".  Either way, I think the tapestry is supposed to be foreshadowing for something significant about the world's past.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 08:36:13 PM »
Where is this tapestry in the story, I want to check it myself.
k moinuddin

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 09:51:45 PM »
Where is this tapestry in the story, I want to check it myself.
It's right after Grimm gets ambushed by the silkweavers in Habble Morning towards the beginning of the novel.  He wakes up in Ferus's home and sees the tapestry.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 10:45:00 PM »
I wonder if we will hear about the stories the captain is thinking of? Stories often carry pieces of lore in the books.
k moinuddin

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 08:48:23 PM »
There's also a mention of seeing the moon when <insert name> first goes outside and is dazzled by the beauty of the sun.  Something along the lines of "wait till you see the moon and the stars".
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 01:04:41 AM »
Yes, that was one of the first things reinforcing my idea that they are on Earth. Sorry if I was not too clear in my first post.
Missing you, Md