Author Topic: Canon?  (Read 26353 times)

Offline TMW

• Participant
  • The Fanboy
    • View Profile
Canon?
« on: May 26, 2006, 08:19:44 PM »
Just a quick question about how this book falls into the Spidey canon.

Given the new direction the Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman book has taken the franchise, I was curious as to whether or not the novel will fall into the story's continiuty, and how it would. 

Anyways, it has Felicia, so I'm buying it no matter the case. 
Jesus Saves!  Everyone else roll for damage.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Canon?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 08:38:49 PM »
I think, though I'm not sure, that Jim definitely had the JMS run of Spider-Man in mind, though how much he treated as canon, I don't know.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Jamie

• Lurker
  • Silvercat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 03:09:13 AM »
My biggest concern with this book is that it will spawn a new addiction.  :o  I'm already twitching and my book shelves are more than full!  Still, if I must give in, then it'd be nice to know how well it will fit re: canon.
Jamie

Offline DragonFire

• Posty McPostington
  • Knuckleduster of God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 02:25:41 AM »
I love the Marvel superhero books, actual novel as opposed to graphic novels, and to hear that Jim was writing one was cool.

I'm just wondering, given the conflicting spider-man canon out there, does Jim HAVE to stick to it, or can he modify it?

I'm hoping it'll have elements of 'The Other' referenced, but Jim's probably been writing it since before that run came out.
God is dead - Nietzsche
Nietzsche is dead -God

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 14

Offline jimbutcher

• Friendly Neighborhood Writer-Man
  • Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 10:25:10 AM »
The book follows Amazing Spider Man canon, and takes place not too terribly long after the events of Issue 500, before he's signed on with the Avengers or moved into Stark Tower.  :)

Jim

Offline DragonFire

• Posty McPostington
  • Knuckleduster of God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 09:49:38 PM »
No stingers then :(
Oh well, I still can't wait.
Thanks for the update Jim.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 09:51:54 PM by Lightsabre »
God is dead - Nietzsche
Nietzsche is dead -God

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 14

Offline petey128

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 10:59:13 AM »
It is going to be really intresting to see the story Jim is writing for spiderman.  i didn't think spiderman could get any better.  Now Jim comes along and adds a great writing style to a great character.  Can it get any beter.

Offline baden77

• Participant
  • Follower of both worlds.....
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 10:21:01 PM »
I'd actually like to see Jim's take on the Civil War Story line.  I've been keeping up with it and its a very good series, even if it is just a tool to "clean up" the story lines.
The begining of all wisdom comes from the statement "I do not know."   -Kung Fu:  The Legend Continues