Author Topic: Small run printing?  (Read 3988 times)

Offline Lokey

• Participant
    • View Profile
Small run printing?
« on: September 03, 2015, 01:47:34 PM »
Sorry if this has been covered, I searched and didn't find anything on this.

I'm writing (like most here) and wanted to get a small print run of about 20-30 books, but at this time, I didn't want to publish for sale.  I've heard some good things and some really bad things about several places that I have been looking at (I'm hesitant to mention actual site names for several reasons). Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to get the small print run done?   

[ Please move this to the proper location if this is not the correct section to ask this in.  Thank you.]

Offline The Syntax Soviet

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Small run printing?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 07:37:13 PM »
For a limited print run, you'll definitely want a digital printer (rather than traditional offset). My only personal experience is with Lightning Source. Lightning Source has yielded good results and very high cover quality. We've had a couple issues with binding and ink quality, but Lightning Source works very quickly to resolve any complaints.

The other major digital printer is Create Space. I've heard good things about them, but never used them myself.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
Re: Small run printing?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 10:47:08 PM »
I see Create Space from several people. You might try messaging LizW65
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 10:50:13 PM by meg_evonne »
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess