Author Topic: Anyone used Hero Forge?  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Xelah

• Participant
    • View Profile
Anyone used Hero Forge?
« on: August 27, 2015, 12:37:58 PM »
Yeah, so the Fate system doesn't really require miniatures as much as some other systems, but they're still nice to have.

I was wondering if anyone had used Hero Forge and what quality minis they got.  I was thinking about ordering a few, but did not want to throw money at it until I'd talked to a few people that had used their service.

Attachment = a mock up of Harry that I made

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone used Hero Forge?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 03:41:26 AM »
You'd probably have better luck on a larger and less specialized forum. RPGnet is my go-to for this sort of thing.

Mock up looks nice, for what it's worth.

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
  • Bier, ja? Und mit Dusen-Dusen? Ja!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 06:47:06 PM »
I was in the HeroForge kickstarter and received two minis just last week. I haven't had a chance to paint them yet, but I am impressed with the quality.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 04:43:49 AM by bobjob »
The entire Red Court was taken down by the new Winter Knight? From the lowliest pawn all the way up to the King? *puts on sunglasses* Knight to G7. Check mate.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 09:28:38 PM »
As a rambling continuation, the two minis I got were done in the ultra fine plastic. I'm fairly certain the strong plastic is similar to the bonesium or whatever they call it that Reaper did with their Bones line, which I have a lot of lying around. It seems HeroForge sources their stuff from Shapeways, which makes the website a front end with their own designs for a backend printer that's already available to everybody else. Dunno if you're familiar with Shapeways or not, but you can 3D model something with their website and then order 3D prints from them for a price. HeroForge has just simplified it for the model market.

I spent a few minutes building my own Harry Dresden miniature in HeroForge.
The entire Red Court was taken down by the new Winter Knight? From the lowliest pawn all the way up to the King? *puts on sunglasses* Knight to G7. Check mate.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 07:54:12 AM »
I spent a few minutes building my own Harry Dresden miniature in HeroForge.

But Harry does not do hats:o
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 08:08:31 AM by Tsunami »

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 03:14:16 PM »
But Harry does not do hats:o

I built mine off of the book covers.

Playing:
Shale Buckby