Author Topic: Breaking Bad Statblock Session  (Read 1831 times)

Offline dragoonbuster

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Breaking Bad Statblock Session
« on: August 16, 2015, 06:53:16 AM »
So I was watching Breaking Bad again and the mood struck to stat out some of the main characters.

I set the PL to Feet in the Water and ignored the Pure Mortal bonus because there isn't a supernatural side to their world. Then I gave Walter a bump to Waist-Deep because I think he's been through quite a lot and deserves a bump. I gave Mike a bump to Waist-Deep because he's been around the block too. Gus is set to Submerged because he spent twenty years building his empire, and that's not including his time as a Chilean general. These stats corresponds roughly to the end of Season 4/beginning of Season 5.

Thoughts?

Walter White
HC: Meth-Chef for the Entire Southwest
Trouble: Pride Goeth Before the Fall
OA: A Man Provides For His Family, Stage Four Lung Cancer (In Remission), Call Me...Heisenberg, I AM The Danger, You're Four Steps Ahead...I'm Twelve Steps Ahead
(click to show/hide)

Jesse Pinkman
HC: I'm A Criminal, Yo
Trouble: Everything Around Me Turns to Shit
OA: Captain Cook turned This Old Dude's Assistant; Science, Bitch!; Recovering Addict; Loyal to the End; My Cook Is As Good As Heisenberg's
(click to show/hide)

Gustavo Fring
HC: The Meth-King Of The American Southwest
Trouble: The Mexican Cartel
OA: The Former Grand Generalissimo, Owner of Los Pollos Hermanos (and more), Twenty Year Plan In The Making, Low-Key Philanthropist Alter-Ego, Always Four Steps Ahead
(click to show/hide)

Mike Ehrmantraut
HC: I'm In "Private Security"
Trouble: I'm Surrounded By Amateurs
OA: I've Seen Just About Everything You Can See In This Business, Dead-Eyed Bastard, Ex-Cop With My Own Rules, I've Got Guys, My Grand-daughter Kaylee Is My World
(click to show/hide)

Saul Goodman
HC: Albuquerque's Premier Scumbag Ambulance-Chaser
Trouble: All My Clients Are Criminals
OA: If A Lie Doesn't Work...Make It A Bigger Lie; I Always Get My Cut; Listen....Let's Talk This Out; If The Going Get's Tough, I'm Outta Here; ...There's This Guy I Helped Out Of A Pinch...
(click to show/hide)

Hank Shrader
HC: ASAC of the Albuquerque Office of the DEA
Trouble: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
OA: Real Men Don't Cry; I Survived A Hit From The Mexican Cartel; They're Minerals, Marie; A Big Mouth and a Bit of a Temper
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 06:56:12 AM by dragoonbuster »
I'm a blacksmith! Here's some of what I do: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SoCalForge

Offline PirateJack

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking Bad Statblock Session
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 08:12:46 PM »
These are great. The aspects are spot on and, while they could be a bit more original, the stunts fit the characters very well. Could probably do with giving Walt a Deceit stunt for hiding his moonlighting as Heisenberg, though.
Quote from: JoeC
"Why are you banging your head against the wall?
'cause it feels sooooo good when I stop..."

Offline dragoonbuster

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 08:59:11 PM »
These are great. The aspects are spot on and, while they could be a bit more original, the stunts fit the characters very well. Could probably do with giving Walt a Deceit stunt for hiding his moonlighting as Heisenberg, though.

Thanks!

I am most happy about Jesse's High Concept. The stunts could definitely be taylored a bit more.

Good suggestion for Walt. I also figure he makes a bunch of scholarship maneuvers and declarations that help with his cover.
I'm a blacksmith! Here's some of what I do: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SoCalForge

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 04:35:34 AM »
I've never seen Breaking Bad, but these look like solid statblocks. Might be a good idea to put them on one of the Resource Board threads.

Offline dragoonbuster

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 07:07:40 PM »
I've never seen Breaking Bad, but these look like solid statblocks. Might be a good idea to put them on one of the Resource Board threads.

Thanks! I'll move 'em over.