Linked Events

• Jim signs at Joseph Beth in Lexington, KY: September 30, 2015

Author Topic: Jim signs at Joseph Beth in Lexington, KY - 9/30/15  (Read 5375 times)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Jim signs at Joseph Beth in Lexington, KY - 9/30/15
« on: July 31, 2015, 02:58:19 AM »
September 30, 7:00 PM ET
Joseph-Beth Booksellers
161 Lexington Green Circle
Lexington, KY 40503

From their site:
***Pre-orders begin August 29*** We could tell you about the book, or we could let this review do it for us: "So Jim Butcher is writing futuristic dystopian steampunk? You had me at Jim Butcher, actually. But the rest is cool too... Great action scenes, a fascinating world, and characters of a sort I've never seen before. Yup. This is everything I've come to expect from Jim Butcher, but in a delightful new flavor." -- Patrick Rothfuss

Tickets to meet the author FREE with purchase of 'The Aeronaut's Windlass'. Gives Back members are eligible for a limited number of VIP tickets.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Re: Jim signs at Joseph Beth in Lexington, KY - 9/30/15
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 08:03:30 PM »
Bad news, folks.  Jim's flight was delayed over three hours, and he will be very late to the signing.  I'll update this post as I receive more news.  Cross your fingers!

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 10:06:07 PM »
Good news!  The pilot made excellent time, and he should arrive at the bookstore only a few minutes late!

Offline 2,176,847

• Participant
  • "Polka will never die!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 03:32:31 AM »
This was my first signing and it was great fun.

It's true for that for the fans, who were told of a travel snafu (can i say that here?) just as the event was to begin, it felt like almost no time before Jim arrived. If he was haggered he covered it well and he was very engaging. Tons of questions were answered and Mr. Butcher was very gracious to both me and my brother, and I even dorked out a bit.

That mattered to me as I had driven my brother down from Cincinnati for his birthday. The Aeronaut's Windlass and dinner at Burger King, what more could a brother ask for? And after all, older brother bought me the original Dresden Files trilogy for Christmas just a few years ago.  Favor returned.

Alright, kinda schmaltzy for a first post but glad to be here. For anyone yet to get to an event like this... go!
"I'm no philosopher, Harry, but here's something for you to think about, at least. What goes around comes around. And sometimes you get what comes around. And, sometimes you are what's coming around." -Michael Carpenter