Author Topic: A Less Formal Explanation for the Creation of Demonreach  (Read 13462 times)

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
Re: A Less Formal Explanation for the Creation of Demonreach
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 11:01:47 AM »
I guess the fact that we can only discuss the dimensionality of the pentagram, that implies that the narrative is elegantly complete, without need for further comment.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Foxed

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2015, 07:19:56 PM »
So how is Demonreach Island a desert?
My Theory Emporium

Eldest Gruff: Based on what
raidem: TEXT, go find it yourself.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2015, 10:26:26 PM »
So how is Demonreach Island a desert?
Desert-ed island.   :P

Less tongue-in-cheek reply is: misunderstanding of the word.

"English desert and its Romance cognates (including Italian and Portuguese deserto, French désert and Spanish desierto) all come from the ecclesiastical Latin dēsertum (originally "an abandoned place")"
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 10:31:56 PM by Griffyn612 »

wizard nelson

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 10:27:04 PM »
Or you know, since Merlin made it as a mortal wizard using mortal magic, he shaped it like a pentagram cause that's the most powerful symbol of magic under mortal command? Island is a big summoning circle/ holding pen after all.
My internet is cutting up a little, I really didn't see the pentagram reference at the bottom until too late. Perhaps it should be given its own power point? I mentioned this when I was saying Harry would use such a spell in time space to call his own timeline, but everyone was confused by the six timelines with five points lol.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 10:32:25 PM by wizard nelson »

Offline Foxed

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2015, 03:48:13 PM »
Desert-ed island.   :P

Less tongue-in-cheek reply is: misunderstanding of the word.

"English desert and its Romance cognates (including Italian and Portuguese deserto, French désert and Spanish desierto) all come from the ecclesiastical Latin dēsertum (originally "an abandoned place")"

... I'll buy it. I guess. Still thinking Grigori, though.
My Theory Emporium

Eldest Gruff: Based on what
raidem: TEXT, go find it yourself.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2015, 07:43:50 PM »
I wondered about the following.

Sure we have seen an Archangel give up his grace.  Why can't a Fallen do something similar. 

Say, why can't Anduriel decide to give up his 'grace' to another.  Could Mac simply have been some angel that decided to give up his 'grace' to another, it doesn't neccessarily need to be Raphael.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline knnn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2015, 08:48:11 PM »
Say, why can't Anduriel decide to give up his 'grace' to another.  Could Mac simply have been some angel that decided to give up his 'grace' to another, it doesn't neccessarily need to be Raphael.

I wonder something along these lines happens when someone picks up one of the Coins.  Could it be that the power you get is essentially their "Grace" (or whatever the Hell equivelent is)?
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2015, 09:06:00 PM »
I wonder something along these lines happens when someone picks up one of the Coins.  Could it be that the power you get is essentially their "Grace" (or whatever the Hell equivelent is)?
Given the sort of power they're talking about re: Uriel's grace, and the sort of power we see the Denarians throwing around, I doubt it.  Even taking into account the differences between Archangels and regular Angels.

Plus, I don't see the fallen angels being the kind of things willing to just let someone else take the controls of their power like that.

Offline knnn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2015, 09:14:50 PM »
Given the sort of power they're talking about re: Uriel's grace, and the sort of power we see the Denarians throwing around, I doubt it.  Even taking into account the differences between Archangels and regular Angels.

Plus, I don't see the fallen angels being the kind of things willing to just let someone else take the controls of their power like that.

We never see Michael do anything with the grace he's given.  It's very possible that were Michael to try and actually use that vast power source for something his fragile mortal body would be annihilated.  Also, it might well be the fact that the reason the Denarians are weaker is because they are not letting their host get full control of it.  We've already been told that the Denarians without free will (e.g. Magog) are weaker than the ones that cooperate (e.g. Deidre, Nic).  Thing is, even with Nic you see Anduriel doing thing independantly (moving the Shadow around and glowing eyes).  Maybe if a Fallen were to really let go and give full control to it's host you could get even greater power.

DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html