Author Topic: Watsonian McAnally: the son of the chief physician.  (Read 29456 times)

Offline pkrmgc

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Watsonian McAnally: the son of the chief physician.
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2015, 12:47:43 AM »
The part where Harry felt at home at Mac's from the first time he set foot there struck me as similar to his bit of prescient intuition when on Demonreach during small favor. Considering all the roles it plays in his life that you point out, and all the time he spends there between books thats not too unreasonable of a watsonian explanation.

I doubt that mac is going to be the white god or christ though: too much controversy.

Offline Eldest Gruff

• Posty McPostington
  • Alleged Sniper
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2015, 05:32:26 AM »
The part where Harry felt at home at Mac's from the first time he set foot there struck me as similar to his bit of prescient intuition when on Demonreach during small favor. Considering all the roles it plays in his life that you point out, and all the time he spends there between books thats not too unreasonable of a watsonian explanation.

I doubt that mac is going to be the white god or christ though: too much controversy.

Nor do I. That particular end bit was more of a fun little add on lineage potential dealing with the etymology of his name coinciding with a lesser known parable in the bible that involved said White Christ.
"Home is where, when you go there and tell people to get out, they have to leave." DDS

wizard nelson

« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2015, 04:55:33 PM »

Are you specifically referring to where Harry feels like an 'old wolf' come back home? That's one of those Odin, Harry resemblances I think.