Author Topic: Request a purge of sticky threads  (Read 8548 times)

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
Re: Request a purge of sticky threads
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2015, 11:26:35 AM »
Un unsticky thread would be deleted by the time, so it would be the same.
I agree about unstick other threads but speculations are fun to keep.

The curators would transfer the predict-a-thon straight to the DFRC just as the Cold Days one was.  I'm leaving it to knnn since it's his baby, and it's already in the works to happen soon I believe.

Sorry about your GS prediction.  That would have been great to archive, but I believe that predates the genesis of the DFRC. 
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2015, 02:28:01 PM »
Yes, but I never understood the DFRC (and I thought we were suggesting unstick it too) because I don't have any support for my theories. Only my gut. In the DFRC explanation say references are too be provided.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2015, 08:45:20 PM »
Yes, but I never understood the DFRC (and I thought we were suggesting unstick it too) because I don't have any support for my theories. Only my gut. In the DFRC explanation say references are too be provided.

My point is that the SG predict-a-thon is being archived in the DFRC.  If you have a post in it, it won't be autodeleted now because nothing in there autodeletes, stickied or no. 

I've archived topics that have no references, they are just preferred.  Topics that invoke invigorating discussion, or have a truly novel without any reference (Like the Lacuna = tooth faerie topic) are a significant part of the contributions there. 
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2015, 12:47:52 AM »
Well, I guess that will have to do then.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)