Author Topic: Finished Cinder Spires advanced reader's copy - what can't I say?  (Read 3522 times)

Offline KevinSig

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
So I was at SDCC 2015 & if you followed the @acerocbooks Twitter, you had a chance to pick up an advanced reader copy of The Aeronaut's Windlass.  I didn't sign any non-disclosure agreement, but I'm sure I could say something here that might be frowned upon. 

I've already said some things, but a bit belatedly I thought it might be useful to ask if there are things that I need to avoid talking about.  Thus far, I've mentioned how many distinct voices the book has, and I wrote a post that has the details of the marketing campaign (listed on the book's back) where other ARCs will be released.  I also wouldn't mind attaching copies of the front/back cover of my ARC.

I don't plan to talk too much spoiler info & will try to talk in general, but it'd be helpful to know if there's anything I should avoid saying.

Additionally, at SDCC there was a flyer that had the complete prologue & first chapter of Cinder Spires: TAW available.  I'm sure Penguin might okay putting those up on the website, if requested.  I mean, yes there's a little bit of chapter 2 up, but its a bit out of context, and the prologue & chapter 1 would help.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Re: Finished Cinder Spires advanced reader's copy - what can't I say?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 03:07:41 AM »
Here's our standard spoiler policy!

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,45637.0.html

We'll start posting sample chapters a month in advance.

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
Re: Finished Cinder Spires advanced reader's copy - what can't I say?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 03:05:31 PM »
I always try to limit myself to, "Whatever is already available on the internets" which includes internet/paperback sample chapters and WoJ.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*