Author Topic: He Couldn't Lose [SG Spoilers]  (Read 56046 times)

wizard nelson

Re: He Couldn't Lose [SG Spoilers]
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 11:24:10 PM »
The blade was the same as was used to kill Lloyd slate if you look. Also Woj is it's specifically medea's bodkin, her atheme, not saying that keeps it from being the lance head. I mention it because if it's good vs outsiders might not another Jason's era item show itself on the other side of the equation
(click to show/hide)

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 11:26:10 PM »
Im still hoping he mounts in on his Wizard's staff, to get a cool magic spear like Odin

A Wizard's staff is supposed to have a Knob on the end, not a Knife.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 11:28:01 PM »
The blade was the same as was used to kill Lloyd slate if you look. Also Woj is it's specifically medea's bodkin, her atheme, not saying that keeps it from being the lance head. I mention it because if it's good vs outsiders might not another Jason's era item show itself on the other side of the equation
(click to show/hide)

Why would Hades' vault have a Knife that we know Mab has in it? Do you really think that Mab would give up an item of that level of Power?

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2015, 11:29:53 PM »
A Wizard's staff is supposed to have a Knob on the end, not a Knife.
I'm sure Harry would prefer no one discuss his knob or lack thereof   ;D
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2015, 11:32:13 PM »
I'm sure Harry would prefer no one discuss his knob or lack thereof   ;D

Harry is a self-admitted follower of the Tao of Terry Pratchett, he knows the score.

wizard nelson

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 11:36:42 PM »
Why would Hades' vault have a Knife that we know Mab has in it? Do you really think that Mab would give up an item of that level of Power?
Why don't you go look beforehand you make this argument... The knife has purpose, if mab truly needed it it was hers.... It's a mortal weapon though, not for mabs usage anyways.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2015, 11:41:25 PM »
Why don't you go look beforehand you make this argument... The knife has purpose, if mab truly needed it it was hers.... It's a mortal weapon though, not for mabs usage anyways.

Why don't you provide some evidence that they're the same knife then?

wizard nelson

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2015, 11:43:10 PM »
Why don't you provide some evidence that they're the same knife then?
I am, it's in the books descriptions, go read them. I don't have them with me, already done this before ages ago with tcf.

Offline Eldest Gruff

• Posty McPostington
  • Alleged Sniper
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2015, 11:43:39 PM »

And yet Harry makes no mention of the fact that the knife he used to slit a man's throat was somehow suddenly in Hades' vault.
"Home is where, when you go there and tell people to get out, they have to leave." DDS

wizard nelson

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2015, 11:45:41 PM »
And yet Harry makes no mention of the fact that the knife he used to slit a man's throat was somehow suddenly in Hades' vault.
He was quite destructed in both instances, if I'm right he'll know in pt/ mention it.
#distracted, sorry autocorrect text....

Offline Eldest Gruff

• Posty McPostington
  • Alleged Sniper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2015, 11:55:09 PM »
He was quite destructed in both instances, if I'm right he'll know in pt/ mention it.
#distracted, sorry autocorrect text....

And this is where the disconnect is, because he wasn't distracted enough to describe the design that you are pointing to as the be all, end all proof they are the same blade (in BOTH circumstances)...but he was distracted enough to not notice that very same similarity or even off-handedly comment how it looked like the blade he used to slit a man's throat. The whole book was him being angsty over the mantle and his actions, it fits right in for him to have a Vietnam flashback moment if he were holding the blade that killed Slate.

So you can't hold up the description on a pedestal and the reject that same description when he should clearly recognize it if it were Medea's Bodkin.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 12:02:31 AM by Eldest Gruff »
"Home is where, when you go there and tell people to get out, they have to leave." DDS

wizard nelson

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2015, 12:01:49 AM »
And this is wear you stop posting anything positive and drip you sarcastic disbelief over everything. He was distracted but described the knife from a writers perspective as to leave clue's for us the reader. I know you won't see anything you don't wanna though so by all means believe what you wish.
Jim told US it was medeas bodkin, Harry doesn't know this.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 12:06:34 AM by wizard nelson »

Offline Eldest Gruff

• Posty McPostington
  • Alleged Sniper
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2015, 12:06:27 AM »
And this is wear you stop posting anything positive and drip you sarcastic disbelief over everything. He was distracted but described the knife from a writers perspective as to leave clue's for us the reader. I know you won't see anything you don't wanna though so by all means believe what you wish.

Considering none of that was sarcastic I think I shall.

Also, that same 'writers perspective' can be used to explain WHY the descriptions are similar...because they are both ancient blades, not because they are automatically the same blade.

Jim told US it was medeas bodkin, Harry doesn't know this.

Yeah but he would most likely recognize the look, and feel of a weapon he had previously used to kill a man.

wizard nelson

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2015, 12:08:33 AM »
And leaf shaped hand and bronze material but whichever.

Offline forumghost

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2015, 12:11:26 AM »
Unless you can give me some proof that only a single knife with a leaf-shaped blade exists in the Dresdenverse, I'm going to assume for now that they're different.

Because like Eldest said, there is no way in hell Harry wouldn't stop to have an Angst-fest over a Knife that he used to commit a cold-blooded ritualistic murder showing up.