Author Topic: Okay, I'm a fan...  (Read 2742 times)

Offline WiccanEagle

• Conversationalist
  • Blessed Be
    • View Profile
Okay, I'm a fan...
« on: March 21, 2015, 04:44:04 PM »
I just never realized it... I didn't understand the term "steampunk", so I checked out a book full of short stories in various steampunk styles. I loved them all. I realized that I had been reading the genre off and on for years! Now I can't wait for Cinder Spires to come out! Of course, I was pretty positive I was going to love anything Jim produced, anway...

I'm glad he's working on Harry again, though. I miss him, and Mouse, and Murphy, and Michael, and Molly, and Thomas, and MISTER!!!!!!!!

(Talking cats! Woo-hoo!)

Oh, BTW, I decided that The Artful Detective from Canada (on Ovation) is very steampunky. The detective, William Murdoch, is always inventing stuff that shouldn't exist in 1899. Check it out!

WiccanEagle
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 04:48:15 PM by WiccanEagle »
"I don't object to the concept of a diety, but I am baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance." -- Big Bang Theory

Ye GODS! I love that quote!

Offline big_bear

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Okay, I'm a fan...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 02:10:55 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion I'll give them a try.

Also, last month I found a series called Crown and Key.
Book one is The Shadow Revolution: Crown and Key and book two is The Undying Legion: Crown and Key, Book three is supposed to come out later this month. They are pretty good in my opinion, they have magic and some steam punk touches but not a lot. I thought it was a nice balance.

Offline Maredudd

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • My Website . . . or is that my wife's?
Re: Okay, I'm a fan...
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 02:04:50 AM »
Murdoch Mysteries, the original title of the series, is AWESOME!
The question isn't "Can I do this . . . "
The question you should ask is "Should I do this . . . "