Author Topic: IoP/Enchanted Item question  (Read 1696 times)

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
IoP/Enchanted Item question
« on: March 17, 2015, 05:03:35 PM »
I'm wanting to make a Runecaster Craftsman.  Put simply, for character purposes how powerful can an enchanted item  before it requires IoP attributes?  It's a slight variation of the Warden's Sword found in the Your Story rulebook.  RAW it comes in an two Enchanted Item slots--is there a limit to how many slots an enchanted item can take up?  Is it possible to have a slightly upgraded Warden Sword for three slots? 

« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 05:06:35 PM by blackstaff67 »
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
Re: IoP/Enchanted Item question
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 05:12:47 PM »
On page 281 is a table that suggests how big an item should be with how many item slots. 3 enchanted item slots is still in ring size territory, so you're good. The max number of slots on any one item is equal to your lore.
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Offline dragoonbuster

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 06:01:12 PM »
On page 281 is a table that suggests how big an item should be with how many item slots. 3 enchanted item slots is still in ring size territory, so you're good. The max number of slots on any one item is equal to your lore.

You're thinking Foci, IIRC, Haru.

Enchanted items are limited in total spell power (not including # of uses) to 2x your Lore.
I'm a blacksmith! Here's some of what I do: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SoCalForge

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 06:06:20 PM »
You're thinking Foci, IIRC, Haru.

Enchanted items are limited in total spell power (not including # of uses) to 2x your Lore.
The slots = lore is for both, enchanted item power = 2*Lore is enchanted items only.
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal